CULTURAL ARTS COORDINATOR
Job Type: Full Time| in-person
Location: Prosserman JCC 4588 Bathurst St, North York (main domain)
Schwartz/Reisman Centre 9600 Bathurst St, Vaughan (as needed)
At the JCC (“the J”), you are part of something bigger. You matter.
The JCC is an open, inclusive, and welcoming community, where belonging is everything. The J has become one of the largest platforms for engagement and connection to community in the Greater Toronto Area; a place where multiple generations can strengthen their body, mind, and soul. Programs include arts and culture, aquatics, recreation, education, sports, fitness, daycare, day camp, and more. For over 100 years, JCCs have been serving Jewish communities around the world. There are over 300 JCCs globally and 150 in North America. 1.5 million people enter a JCC each week in North America.
In the JCC’s recently completed Strategic Plan, it set a bold and ambitious goal that, by 2026, the number of people engaging with the Prosserman JCC (PJCC) and the Schwartz/Reisman Centre (SRC) will triple as the JCC becomes the centre of a thriving Jewish community. We are on a growth path of transformative change so that, when we’re done, 75,000 people annually will experience the JCC’s new mission; to be a hub of community, dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life through meaningful shared experiences.
Are YOU our Cultural Arts Coordinator?
Our Cultural Arts coordinator should be able to efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously, even under high pressure situations, while maintaining a keen attention to detail. Adaptability and the ability to think on their feet are essential. Being a proficient negotiator, enabling engagement in successful and favourable outcomes during business transactions combined with sales prowess and effective communication would allow one to excel in this role. Being willing and able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends where needed is essential (we do provide for an adjusted day/lieu time).
The Cultural Arts Coordinator is an integral part of the Program team, curating and implementing high-end cultural arts programs and partnerships and providing front-of-house support at our Leah Posluns Theatre. The programs will seek to provide an enriched opportunity for participants to enjoy high-end programming and form a meaningful connection to the J.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Develop, implement, oversee, and evaluate in-person cultural arts programming and events of the highest caliber consistent with the organization’s vision and mission.
· Develop relationships with event attendees and artists to increase engagement and retention and gain an understanding of their needs to actively promote a comfortable, accessible, and welcoming environment.
· Assist the Cultural Arts Director in fulfilling theatre rental sales strategies and event marketing, including rental packages, member discounts, direct mail and ensuring the inclusion of JCC events in local print and electronic media publications, event calendars, websites, and social media tools.
· Negotiate, prepare, administer, and monitor contracts and agreements with book publishers, speaker’s agents, authors and others involved in delivering programs and activities.
· Work collaboratively with the Fundraising department on sponsorship agreements, donor relationships, and fundraising plans.
· Coordinate programming, activities and events with other PJCC and SRC departments as well as outside agencies, understanding some events may occur in the evening or on weekends.
· Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of rental supplies, equipment, policies, and procedures.
· Coordinate, schedule and supervise volunteers who are assisting at events at the Leah Posluns Theatre.
What you will receive
The opportunity to work with some of the most passionate, driven, and effective community builders and educators in Toronto. Be part of a culture that will continue to challenge and empower you to keep learning and growing.
What else can you expect?
Swim, workout, and enjoy all our classes, programs, events, and performances with a free Membership to the JCC
Generous staff discounts on paid programs like summer camp, swimming lessons, personal training, competitive sports leagues, etc.
People-centered, flexible work environment that always puts your family and/or your personal life and overall well-being first.
Bonus Points - What will make you stand out?
- Post-secondary degree related to theatre production, performing arts management, arts/cultural administration, event planning, business, and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in event planning and/or performing arts coordination, including rental/event and vendor contract administration.
- Experience supervising and managing staff and volunteers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting basic audio/visual equipment is an asset.
- Background or interest in Jewish education and enrichment.
Reports to: Director, Cultural Arts
Job level and Salary Range: $47,000 - $55,000, dependent on qualifications and experience. The JCC has a comprehensive compensation strategy and benchmarked salary bands, available upon request.
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hiring process will be made wherever possible. Please submit your resume to Jeanette Hyde, HR Director no later than June 30th, 2023.
We appreciate your application; however, we will only be contacting the candidates we wish to interview.
Don’t self-select out if you’re missing a bullet point or two of this job description from your resume. And if you have more experience, let’s talk too. This is a new position, and we have some flexibility in its design. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. If this job description energizes you, let’s talk.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person