Innovatia Content Solutions is an industry leading content solutions provider with expertise in the Information Technology, Telecommunications, and Energy sectors. Operating for over 20 years, we provide our customers enterprise content solutions to address business challenges while meeting the needs of their end users. We accomplish this through learning and documentation solutions, including operational and technical content development and management, customized eLearning development, and content strategy and architecture services. With over 300 professional experts across the globe, we service some of the worlds' most successful Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies.
The Senior Lead Writer leads a team of technical writers who develop and deliver content for our clients. As a senior member of our writing team, you will work with our clients' engineers, subject matter experts, and other team members to understand their content challenges. You will analyze existing content and develop recommendations for improvement based on industry best practices. You use your expertise to interview subject matter experts, conduct research and analysis, and lead content review sessions necessary to produce high-quality content that aligns with our clients' needs.
Employment Type – Contract
- Lead and collaborate effectively with a geographically distributed team; assign work to writing team members and hold regular meetings to ensure efficient, on-time project delivery and customer satisfaction
- Respond to day-to-day requests for information and requests for clarification from team members
- Collaborate with clients [e.g., engineers, technical subject matter experts (SMEs)] to resolve issues, clarify content, and extract necessary information according to schedule
- Analyse client's information requirements, source content, and users through interviews, research, and other techniques
- Manage multiple information assets and delivery schedules in a dynamic environment
- Adhere to Quality Assurance standards and practices prior to distributing information assets to clients
- Provide project-specific training and mentoring for team members as needed
- Organize and facilitate working and review sessions with SMEs, ensuring focus and timely results
- Partner and work closely with the Information Architects
- Schedule and facilitate regular team meetings to share knowledge and ensure consistency within the documentation suite
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in Technical Communications, Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Information Sciences, English, or Journalism
- Minimum 7 years professional work experience in technical documentation and content analysis and development
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with remote team members and leveraging technologies to do so effectively
- Proven ability to consult with client stakeholders to gain content knowledge; seek clarity and drive out ambiguity; guide, question and lend structure to content
- Ability to identify risks, impacts, and mitigation strategies, and to clearly communicate such to Program/Project Managers
- Proficiency in a variety of PC tools and applications
- Experience coordinating and leading remote teams; mentoring and training team members
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovatia is an equal opportunity employer.