At SMS Equipment, our Technical Support Specialist – Shovels is responsible for supporting business activities through specialised technical knowledge and equipment applications. The Technical Support Specialist – Shovels acts as a technical resource and trouble shooter for customers. They will provide a deeper understanding of equipment workings, applications, usage, and limitations. This position is based in Acheson, AB.
This position offers a hybrid work arrangement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide a full range of technical support services including guidance to branch staff for Komatsu Mining Hydraulic Shovels.
- Keep up to date with equipment changes, developments and applications as related to service requirements involving industry procedures and standards.
- Investigate and resolve mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic system problems by understanding and utilizing engineering standards, technical manuals, engineering prints and electronic test tooling.
- Assist OEM’s and customers in the assembly, commissioning, and service of equipment.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting failure information pertaining to equipment specific, service and/ or equipment related issues, design deficiencies, safety concerns and general maintenance problems that may periodically require follow-up.
- Acts as a customer representative for SMS/Komatsu and as the focal point for communication between customer, Komatsu, and SMS.
- Provides equipment support and follow-up as required in the areas of operational performance problems, technical issue resolution and all relevant matters as required.
- Provide warranty support for SMS branches and customers.
- Work with rebuild faculties involving quality, cost, product upgrades and cost reducing strategies.
The successful candidate will have a Red Seal journeyperson trade certification or a diploma/degree in engineering or a related field. Other requirements include:
- Minimum of 7 years experience within the heavy equipment business in the mining and/or construction industry.
- Field experience is an asset.
- Ability to operate in a diverse environment with a significant focus on client and customer relations.
- Sound computer literacy in Microsoft Office and software applications.
- Possess a positive attitude and be dependable.
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions.
As part of our recruitment process you may be required to complete the following:
- Reference Check
- Drug and Alcohol
At SMS Equipment, safety is one of our values and we care for each other, without exception. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate has been hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and RRSP matching.