Infinity Métis Corporation (IMC) is on a mission to create and deepen business opportunities for the Métis Community of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB). Since 2003, we've done this while maintaining the values of environmental sustainability and promoting Métis heritage within our region.
To our people, we offer flexibility and the opportunity to generate growth opportunities by presenting ideas and showing initiative. We are proud to provide our team with the chance to innovate in Indigenous business while working with local membership, social profits, and educational institutions.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager of Infinity Métis Corp. ‘IMC’, the Technical Business Development Associate is responsible for building and maintaining key customer relationships with new and existing clients. This role will manage existing clients to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business while seeking new opportunities to ensure long-term business growth. The Technical Business Development Associate will work with Joint Venture Partners and IMC Business Units to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue.
The incumbent will conduct all activities in a manner that supports the mission, vision and values of IMC, as well as adherence to all established Policies and Procedures.
This permanent full-time salaried position is based on forty (40) hours weekly. Additional hours may be required for the purposes of attending meetings and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to promote the company’s vision and mission, seeking to accomplish set goals and objectives for IMC.
- Deepen existing Joint Venture (JV) Partner relationships by connecting regularly in-person, via telephone, or in virtual meetings;
- Generate JV Partner and other business prospects according to the strategic needs of the organization and follow up with prospecting calls and other communication;
- Responsible to cultivate strong relationships with new clients, while maintaining existing client relationships;
- Maintain warm communication with industry partners to identify current and upcoming projects;
- Communicate quarterly forecasts of opportunities to our JV Partners that they may want to engage in;
- Required to attend, engage, and volunteer in-person at local events and activities while keeping JV Partners apprised of the same to encourage their attendance when asked;
- Ensure JV Partners have the best information to qualify and submit bids to the industry by monitoring industry qualifications and apprising the partner group;
- Steward quarterly meetings between the JV Partner boards and the IMC board, and any other stewardship meetings;
- Responsible to collate and maintain client information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database;
- Work closely with IMC staff across department to implement growth strategies;
- Responsible to develop and implement sales strategies, client service and retention plans, and analyze sales data to inform or update marketing strategies;
- Make presentations to IMC Board of Directors, community stakeholders, educational groups, and the community as required;
- Identify and act on opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will create increased revenues;
- Identify the company’s ideal customer, unique advantage, and differentiators;
- Administrate contractual agreements, including clearly communicating social mandate compliance requirements to JV Partners;
- Attend in-person membership events, engage in membership benefits, and ensure JV Partners are equally engaged when required;
- Organize and conduct professional meetings, ensuring structure and purpose by creating and distributing agendas aligned with purpose and agreements;
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference materials and other documents as required;
- Contribute strategically to all IMC business and subsidiary initiatives to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue;
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines; and,
- Other relatable duties as required.
- Technical Diploma or hands on experience with Valves and Motor Control Center (MCC) panels, along with a minimum of four (4) years relatable experience in Marketing, Sales and Business is required;
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s Licence, along with a clean drivers abstract is required;
- Criminal Record Check is required;
- Demonstrated success in developing new business opportunities;
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the oil sands industry is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding on the local client community;
- Demonstrated knowledge of pipes, valves, and fittings;
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial parts and components;
- Demonstrated knowledge of an industrial sales process;
- Must be proficient will all Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Must have strong organization and project management skills;
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients; and,
- Must have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Qualified status with the Métis Nation of Alberta or fluency in Dene Cree are preferred candidate traits.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.