De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing, and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
The Sourcing Manager is responsible to oversee a team of Supplier Managers. The team is responsible for identifying & sourcing of potential suppliers, developing and maintaining supplier relationships, determining the right supply base and negotiating contracts and business requirements while optimizing the total acquisition & operating cost of the aircraft program. They are also responsible for the administration of commercial agreements with our suppliers, management of issues, and the implementation of product improvements. Candidates will be working closely with various Engineering, Operations, Aftermarket, Logistics, Finance, Legal and Program departments where developments of these relationships are a key success factor. The Category Manager will be accountable for the performance of their Supplier Managers and contracting/execution of suppliers within their entire procurement category.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the identification & sourcing (working with the sourcing team) of suppliers to satisfy production and/or aftermarket requirements.
- Establish a robust management system to drive execution of the sourcing team and their suppliers to meet program objectives.
- Mentor and coach Supplier Managers to grow and be effective in their role, and assist them in solving day to day problems and roadblocks with internal and external suppliers.
- Identify, analyze and realize cost optimization opportunities.
- Monitor and manage supplier performance including cost, quality and on-time delivery.
- Ensure contracts are administered and maintained in accordance with our business requirements.
- Provide clear, concise and accurate progress and impact reporting in compliance with Organization governance and management systems.
- Build positive relationships with suppliers as well as internal stakeholders from the working level to executive level to achieve program objectives.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the market for the product family and have a solid comprehension of suppliers’ capabilities, their positioning in the market, and their strategies.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration and/or have extensive experience in supply chain.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in supply chain/strategic sourcing.
- Experience in the aerospace industry and/or manufacturing environment (Asset).
- Experience on development programs and in project/program management (Asset).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Solid negotiation experience with ability to understand legal terminology, draft, and review contracts.
- Strong presentation skills, and ability to get into details as well as provide executive summaries of complex situations.
- Comfortable dealing with all levels of an organization.
- Strong financial acumen with proficiency in MS Excel to analyze and compare prices and costs.
- Results oriented and a team player comfortable working with all aspects of the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using ERP systems.
- Ability to work in a highly technical environment.
- APICS certification (Asset)
- MS Word – Advanced
- MS Excel – Intermediate
- MS Power Point - Intermediate
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.