Job Title: Social Development Manager
Supervision: Reports to the CAO
GNN is seeking a compassionate, self-motivated, and organized person to manage GN First Nation’s Social Development Department. This position provides a variety of responsibilities that are both administrative and front line in order to encourage community betterment.
· Administer the Social Assistance program as prescribed by AANDC regulations and policies
· Administrates the Income Assistance program as prescribed by INAC;
· Determine and monitor eligibility for Social Assistance upon application, monthly, and annually and maintain strict confidentiality.
· Assist in the promotion of education, training and employment opportunities that may lessen the need for Social Assistance
· Compile, track, and maintain Social Assistance statistical information for quarterly and annual reporting to AANDC
· Prepare and distribute monthly Social Assistance payments and Special Needs requests as needed.
· Provide assistance in completing application forms such as Veterans Allowance, Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement, Child Tax Benefits, etc.
· Work in collaboration CAO and other GNN staff for client and community betterment
· Manage and maintain various budgets.
· Manage, mentor, and supervise staff and volunteers.
· Work collaboratively with MCFD, Ministry of Social Development, AANDC, First Nations Health Authority, and outside community agencies for client and community betterment
· Maintain, organize, and promote child poverty programming that includes: - Breakfast Lunch Program, Homework Club, Family Fun Night, Children and Youth Summer Programming, Parenting Programs, and Employment Training o Supervise and assist as needed with operations of Breakfast Lunch Program, Homework Club, and Family Fun Night
· Maintain and seek program partnerships with GNN staff and outside agencies.
· Post-secondary diploma/degree in office administration,Social work/Social science, business or related fields preferred
· Band Social Development Worker Certificate – an asset
· Minimum 2 years work experience with multi barrier, at risk, and/or First Nations peoples
· Minimum 2 years program management, program development, and budgeting experience
· Experience with MS Office software; and VENN software (an asset)
· Clean criminal record and willingness to complete credit check
· Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License Essential Skills and Experience
· Experience working with First Nations peoples on reserve, knowledge of First Nations communities and culture, and experience working with community groups
· Strength based approached to working with clients
· Practical experience in exercising independent judgment, goal setting, organization and critical thinking in order to assist clients, create programming, and streamline programming.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as a leader and team player Schedule Permanent
5 days per week Monday to Friday 8 am-4 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$61,200.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person