As a Business Analyst (for technical and software solutions supporting strategic decision making), you will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements and translating them into technical solutions. You will work closely with client stakeholders, consultants, and software developers to ensure that the developed decision-support solutions meet client needs.
- Conducting interviews with stakeholders to gather business requirements and specifications.
- Analyzing, designing, and documenting business processes and workflows
- Developing use cases, business process models, and functional requirements
- Collaborating with software developers to design technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Testing solutions to ensure they meet business needs.
- Providing ongoing support to clients and addressing any technical issues that arise
- Staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to identify new opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
- Non-negotiable (contracting terms with our client):
- Canadian citizenship
- Ability to maintain a Government of Canada Level 2 (SECRET) Security Clearance (Great work-life balance: You can’t take your work home with you!)
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience as one or more of the following:
- A Business Analyst in a software or data analysis environment
- A Software Developer with a strong focus on solution architecture and design
- A Consultant developing software solutions to meet client needs
- Able to work onsite in Ottawa 95% of the time
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with the following in a decision-support context: Tableau, Qlik Sense, PowerBI, or Business Objects
- Familiarity with software design patterns and principles
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work onsite most of the time
Assist senior leaders and military personnel making long-term strategic planning decisions as part of an embedded team of technical generalists. The successful candidate will have opportunities to explore many roles as they work on a diverse set of projects to support rapidly evolving requirements and priorities in a results-focused environment.
Location: 95% Onsite, 5% Remote
Due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate will be required to live in the National Capital Region (Ottawa-Gatineau metropolitan area) of Canada and (for security reasons) be able to work onsite at Department of National Defence Headquarters (60 Moodie Dr) almost full time. (A small amount of off-site work is possible.)
RealDecoy develops leading web and mobile solutions for clients in the Caribbean and North America. We work in verticals across Finance, Search, Commerce, and Product Development – adapting constantly to diverse technical and business needs with innovative solutions and fresh ideas.
Our People & Culture:
RealDecoy is a professional services firm focused on creating meaningful experiences for our clients. Engineering is at the heart of what we do, and we use that passion to craft truly personalized experiences for our customers that are transformative in achieving their goals. We achieve this consistency by fostering a culture of openness: embracing the best ideas in the room, respecting everyone's voice, and exemplifying our core values – We Care, We Lead, We Learn – in everything that we do. Here you will find diversity to be an organic part of who we are as a company because we believe our individual differences allow us to remain fresh, inclusive, and impactful.
We offer a generous compensation package with benefits that include:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 15+ days of paid time-off
- Learning allowance
- Wellness allowance
- Internet service allowance