Reporting to the Director of Marketing, North America, you will be joining a small but mighty marketing team that is driving lead and revenue generation in one segment of an international business. We will count on you to work closely with our Sales, Partner, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, and Graphic Design teams to make things happen.
There are two areas of emphasis in this role:
- Campaigns: Reaching both prospects and customers through the execution of marketing campaigns is key to lead generation and revenue growth. You’ll be working with the team to execute quarterly campaigns through the creation of emails, landing pages, distribution lists, content, customer stories, and event promotions via our marketing automation platform, Act-On, and tracking progress in our CRM.
- Trade Shows: From large scale conferences to intimate user group events and sales-focused tradeshows, you will be expected to help ensure everything runs smoothly for presenters and attendees. You’ll own the overall event calendar and manage staff registration, the event experience, branding and sales materials, hotel bookings, and anything else that happens to pop up. You will also plan, manage, and execute online events such as webinars, live streams, and recorded content.
If you’re excited to join a growing software business and help us implement best outbound marketing practices, we’d love to hear from you. Please note that we are searching for candidates that are based in Victoria, Vancouver, or Kelowna.
- Building and deploying assets in a marketing automation platform including landing pages, emails, distribution lists, webinars, scoring, and content
- Reporting on campaign-based lead generation numbers
- Contributing to the development of quarterly marketing plans and campaign calendars
- Developing a thorough understanding of our technology and the value it provides in various industries
- Working with and advising graphic design on the development of campaign collateral
- Synthesizing your technical understanding and reflecting on possible positioning so you can help determine what’s most important to existing and prospective customers
- Writing clear and concise content that gets the message across
- Contributing as a flexible member of the VertiGIS Studio Marketing team: as a coordinator, writer, editor, builder, researcher, and community manager
Events & Trade Shows
- Advising and managing event budgets, including tracking event expenditures
- Booking, organizing, and coordinating trade shows, webinars, and conferences (including pre- and post-show activities)
- Ordering, sourcing, and distributing materials needed to execute conference participation
- Keeping track of booth materials and other mobile assets – you will always know where things are when asked
- Directing the distribution of show materials
- Coordinating schedules with event attendees
- Compiling leads received from various sources and providing analysis and recommendations for continuous improvement
- At least 3 years’ experience in a marketing role on a team where you have been a key contributor and have managed small projects from start to finish, ideally within a larger marketing team, department, or agency environment
- At least 1 year experience directly managing tradeshows, customer events, contract negotiations
- Experience working with Marketing Automation Platforms such as Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Pardot, or similar (Act-On would be an asset)
- Familiarity with CRM software (Salesforce preferred); software industry experience would be an asset
- Superb writing and editing skills. You must be able to communicate concepts and ideas clearly and effectively
- A demonstrated ability to manage resources and timelines
- Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong PC-based skills, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Written and spoken German language skills would be an asset, but not required
- Understanding of SaaS software, sales cycles, geographic information systems, and web-based mapping is desirable
Team / Career Growth
Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
This position offers the opportunity to work remotely from Vancouver. Please note that you will be expected to travel to Victoria from time to time to visit our HQ office.
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified).