Senior Project Advisor
Pay Band 6
The Department of Social Development is seeking an individual who is skilled, adaptive, outcomes-focused, highly motivated, and positive-thinking to fill a Senior Project Advisor position within the Strategy and Advisory Services team. The qualified candidate will work with departmental staff at Central office and in the Zones, our partners, clients and stakeholders on the mandated and priority programs currently being reviewed, redesigned.
The Senior Project Advisor will be responsible and accountable for:
the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control, and closing of projects to agreed parameters; this will include project scoping, charter development and project plans development, managing issues and risks, acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- producing progress reports, communicating with various stakeholder groups, creating and tracking projects' KPIs, and monitoring benefits realization throughout each project's lifecycle.
- making recommendations to project owners on actions required to remove projects' barriers through presentations and reports.
- supporting stakeholder engagement and communication planning;
- collaborating on project delivery with other disciplines (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, Change Management, Innovation Design, Business Analysis); and,
- coaching executives and employees working on simple to complex projects on project planning, risk assessment and mitigation, stakeholder assessment, and other aspects of PM.
- Design, develop and/or deliver comprehensive project work linking to the strategic direction of programs.
Who You Are:
You are recognized for your attention to detail, organization skills and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You have a strong sense of initiative and demonstrated ability to focus on results despite constantly changing conditions.
- You thrive when working on multiple projects and are recognized for delivering outstanding work within tight deadlines.
- You are equally comfortable and effective working with Executives, external stakeholders, clients and all levels of the organization.
- You can succinctly and effectively inform senior leaders on project progress, risks, issues or results through presentations, written briefs or project dashboards.
- You are creative in the face of adversity and able to identify and implement practical and timely solutions to ensure project success.
- You are a strong strategic leader, influencer, and poised and persuasive communicator.
- You have a passion for continuous learning and professional development, and for supporting and contributing to the development of other PM practitioners across the organization.
Essential Qualifications: University degree with a minimum of six years relevant progressively responsible professional experience, including at least two or more years of experience in project management, leading projects and teams. Excellent communication, strong facilitation, interpersonal and organizational skills are required, as well as experience coaching Executives and/or Senior Leaders to deliver on results.
Subject to the response of this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. For future vacancies, written and spoken competence in English and French may be required.
Please state your language capability and ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
The position requires travel throughout the province as per project's needs, candidates must possess a valid driver's license.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
Asset Qualifications: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate one or more the following asset qualifications:
Certification in Project Management, such as PMI Project Management Professional, PRINCE 2 Practitioner or GNB's Project Management Qualification.
- Experience leading large projects with significant complexity and/or large multidisciplinary project teams
- Experience providing executive project briefings
- Experience and/or certification in Change Management or Lean Six Sigma
- Experience working with Microsoft Power Platform applications including PowerBI, Power Apps, Microsoft Forms and/or Power Automate
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Strategic Thinking
- Creative Thinking
- Client Service Orientation
- Relationship & Network Building
- Commitment to Learning
- Effective Interactive Communication
Technical Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Written Communication
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to use Office Technology, Software and Applications
Salary: $71,812 to $95,550 annually
Interested applicants are to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by September 25, 2023 indicating competition number R76-2023-2024-65.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!