Who We Are:
Pluspuu Homes Inc. is an NB based company that design, manufactures and builds quality modular Scandinavian log homes. While based in NB, our team provides new home builds across Canada. We are a fairly new company in the Canadian market, although Pluspuu Finland (our sister company) is a market leader in advanced engineered log home technologies and builds across Finland and the Nordics.
As we continue strong growth, even in the current housing crisis, we are adding to the team and need a top notch Project and Finance Administrator. This is a multi-faceted role that would be comprised of both supporting the projects being built across the country and leading the charge in managing our finances and reporting.
Location: Ideally Fredericton, other remote work locations in NB (Hybrid) or Toronto
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
- Work with Xero (accounting software) to manage bookkeeping requirements and maintain accurate and timely financial records for project, client and management reporting
- Introduce new best practices for bookkeeping and financial management policies and procedures.
- Maintains project accounts by verifying, allocating and posting transactions
- Balance primary and project accounts by reconciling all entries, credit card transactions and other payables and or receivables across all vendors, clients and trades
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Generate cash flow analysis as well as budget versus actual for primary and project accounts
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information/trends.
- Complies with federal, provincial and local financial management legal requirements as well as GAAP general accounting principles
Project Administrative Responsibilities:
- Project Scheduling and Support (for Project Managers) - Coordinating, drafting and issuing project proposals, RFP’s, project budgets, cashflows, preliminary schedules, presentations, and centralize documentation.
- Project Sourcing and Supplier Management – Identify, engage with suppliers for key materials. Organize orders, shipping and logistics for materials required on projects. Manage all supplier credit facilities as a function of project coordination and financial management for the company.
- Communicate with Stakeholders - Prepare project status reports, monitor identified issues and risks associated with targets and milestones, communicate with management team regularly.
- Project Monitoring - Monitor and manage the projects critical path, including the scheduling and completion of specific deliverables and assist the Project Managers. Assist in managing general contractors, site supervisors, sub-trades (all remotely) various needs, as well as billing and payments.
- Assist with Project Management – Help introduce and facilitate the adoption of new project policies and procedures to improve operations and project efficiencies/costs.
Preferred Qualifications / Skills:
- Attention to details, details, details
- Analyzing information
- Dealing with complexity
- Reporting project and company performance results
- Accurate data and financial entry skills
- Bookkeeping and general accounting
- Did we mention attention to details
- Thoroughness and resourceful
- Developing standards, policies and procedures
What We Offer
The opportunity to work remote/from home most days. To be an early member of the team that plays an integral part in growing the company. Very competitive base salary, benefits (post 90 days employment) …and UNLIMITED paid vacation – get the work done and enjoy your time off.
If interested, please respond to this Indeed posting directly.
Thank you for your interest.
Pluspuu Homes inc.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fredericton, NB E3B 1Z6
Expected start date: 2023-10-16