Nedtek Computer Solutions
Nedtek has been providing full IT solutions to SMB’s since 1999. We provide on premise and cloud solutions to our customers as well as Cloud Storage, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Network Support and Internet Security. We are consistently working with new and exciting technology and regularly incorporating it into our product offerings. We have been steadily growing over the past few months and wish to add a qualified network tech to our team.
Network Technician Responsibilities
- Support Client’s networks / servers; installing, configuring and troubleshooting computers and network hardware, firewalls, VPNs, emails
- Perform troubleshooting for system failures and identify bottlenecks.
- Ability to identify opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Maintain/repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Will need duties performed remotely through our software & onsite
We are looking for a full time skilled Network Technician with solid fundamental skills to undertake tasks of network troubleshooting and maintenance. You will be part of a team responsible to help maintain our customer’s networks in ways that optimize its performance and minimize downtime.
You will consistently be asked to learn and implement new software / hardware / technology. This makes the position challenging and very interesting while giving you the opportunity to learn and grow.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with great passion for technology looking to grow professionally and personally. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving network functions.
The goal is to create and sustain a well-functioning and reliable network to ensure the unobtrusive operation of business.
- Learn and help maintain our Acronis / Private Cloud Clusters and mitigate any errors that may arise
- Perform regular maintenance with Acronis data backups to protect client’s information
- Install, setup and configure customers servers, emails, routers and printers
- Configure and maintain VPN, BOVPN, RDP, and RDS for our customers
- Work within our ticketing systems to resolve issues for our customers and bill appropriately.
- Evaluate network performance and find effective ways to improve it
- Identify sales opportunities and make recommendations to customers and follow-up with our sales department.
- On occasion you may be required to work late and on the weekends (Not Often)
- Perform troubleshooting for system failures and identify weak points within the network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Maintain / repair / replace customers hardware or peripheral devices
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance with minimal interruptions to clients
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions when appropriate in a respectful way
- Minimum of Three year experience in network administration or relevant position
- Strong diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Works well in a team environment and is respectful of co-workers
- Good working knowledge of DNS, DHCP configurations
- Good working knowledge of LAN/WAN networks and TCP/IP protocols
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Server 2016 & 2019, Vmware ESXI, Firewalls
- Diploma in IT is strongly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,520.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person