Electrical / Electronics and Software Engineer
K-Hart Industries Ltd. (located within the Winnipeg, MB Perimeter) designs, manufactures, and globally distributes seeding and harvesting equipment for the conservation minded agricultural producer. We are looking for an Electronics and Software Engineer to help drive the growth of our vibrant company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, design, and test software solutions for control systems.
- Ensure software meets industry standards and safety regulations.
- Continuously improve and update software to enhance product functionality and reliability.
- Design electrical harness assemblies, considering factors like durability, safety, and efficiency.
- Create electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and bill of materials (BOMs) for manufacturing.
- Participate in safety assessments and risk analysis for machinery systems.
- Engage in R&D projects to innovate and develop new software and electrical systems.
- Conduct field visits to perform real-world testing and gather valuable data for product improvement and validation.
- Work within budget constraints, finding cost-effective solutions for electrical components and software development.
- Maintain detailed documentation of software and electrical designs, changes, and testing results.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including mechanical engineers, product managers, and production teams.
- Collaborate closely with team members to integrate software and electrical components with the machinery.
- Ensure timely procurement of electrical components and parts required for production.
- Maintain a well-organized inventory and work closely with the procurement team to prevent production delays.
- Conduct run-up tests and quality checks to ensure machinery meets performance standards before shipment.
- Assist the production team during the assembly process by providing technical guidance and troubleshooting electrical and software-related issues.
Product Support/Customer Feedback
- Offer technical support to customers and service teams in diagnosing and resolving software and electrical problems in the field.
- Develop and provide troubleshooting guides for common issues.
- Gather feedback from customers and end-users to identify issues and improvement opportunities.
- Implement software updates and improvements based on customer feedback.
- Able to travel 5-10% of the time for one week or less at a time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or Electronic/Computer Engineering Technology Diploma
- Minimum of two years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Good English communication skills, written and oral.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a multi-faceted team.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills to evaluate multiple options and make concise decisions.
- Must have excellent project management skills.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines utilizing excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Full time, permanent
- 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
- Paid overtime
- $65,000 to $95,000 per year.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person