Role Title: Export Manager
Last Revision Date: April 2023 Reporting to: President and Owner
The Export Manager is responsible for managing a sales team, establishing sales territories, setting sales targets, analyzing sales statistics, and helping to grow the business in association with the President and Owner.
Responsible for the Export sales strategy and determining budgets and sales targets.
Plan and implement export strategy and activities consistent with overall goals of Flora.
Anticipate, research and report on future changes in export laws and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department’s strategy, resources, and procedures.
Responsible for the management of client relationships; assessing marketing potential of new and existing sales opportunities.
Generate lead and explore new business opportunities.
Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective, and lawful execution of all export activities.
Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant export activities and support in relation to Flora’s sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
Research various regulatory compliances and work with QA/QC, Production and Marketing departments to ensure Flora products meet the requirements.
Manage financial and currency processes and transactions in accordance with policies and laws and to optimise cost- effectiveness of activities.
Responsible for the management of the Export sales team which will include the monitoring of performance, planning and training appropriate to their needs.
Lead by example and create a collaborative team environment that rewards, recognizes and celebrates successes.
NUMBER OF DIRECT AND/OR INDIRECT REPORTS: 5 Direct Reports (Export Sales and Logistics Coordinator, Export
Marketing Coordinator, Export Territory Manager, Export Administrator and Graphic Designer
Operations / Production / Supply Chain
Quality Assurance / Quality Control
DIMENSIONS (annual & approximate):
Territory Export Sales
Europe $8 million
Latin America $170k
Asia $2.1 million
Australia / New Zealand $110K
Mexico $1.6 million
- College Diploma or University Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business Administration with minimum of 2 to 3 years in export sales experience.
- Experience in natural health industry preferred.
- Track record of hands-on success in sales through an in-depth understanding of the selling process
- Knowledge of relevant export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licences and restrictions.
- Strong communicator together with the ability to establish and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Experience with managing people, including monitoring performance and setting sales targets.
- Experience and a good understanding of business finance; able to manage budgets as well as set sales targets and evaluate sales data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and develop new client relationships. The ability to influence others to buy goods or services or negotiate for the benefit of the organisation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ability to work well under pressure.
- Well organized, thorough, and self-motivated
- Criminal and Credit Record Clearances are requirement of the position.
- A second or third language is an asset.
- Requires travel abroad to meet with customers.
- Requires travel to various trade shows.
- May require evening and weekend work.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person