Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
Facilitate order and delivery interaction between food service customers and Gordon Food Service. Seeks growth opportunities in existing customers and brings new customers to Gordon Food Service. Represent Gordon Food Service products and services for assigned territory and manages customer business relationships.
What We Offer:
- FULL flex benefits program
- Advancement opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days of employment
- 125 year, family owned and operated company history
- Penetrate existing accounts
- Acts as a foodservice consultant who works as an advocate for their IFS customers helping them achieve their goals through the design and implementation of foodservice systems and GFS Value add solutions
- Educates customers about products, prices, availability.
- Utilizes CRM to review and analyze current opportunities, prospects, keep account files updated and accurate
- Collects all customers balances owing as per company policy
- Troubleshoots any problems that occur during the order process (Example - Out of stock or short shipped products)
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Manage customer accounts receivables within guidelines
- Perform effective route management
- Effective execution of the Selling Cycle
- Possesses strong negotiation skills (You decide on what one is better ) Develop negotiations strategy
- Develop pricing strategies
- Leverage resources to increase route growth
- Deliver effective presentations
- Conduct customer business reviews
- Maintain knowledge of segment through industry magazines and local culinary organizations
- Demonstrate and deliver understanding of Foodservice Industry and operations
- Understand areas of customer focus, including Sales Building, Staffing, Profitability, and Compliance
- Demonstrate effective sampling
- Explain key features and benefits of Gordon Food Service products
- Understand and leverage the advantages of Gordon Food Service branded products
- Explain Value Added concepts to customers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- This position requires customer focus with comprehensive communication skills and the ability to express self verbally.
- Must be a strategic thinker, inquisitive, innovative, and creative in order to build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices.
- Works effectively in teams and display integrity and honesty to participate and contribute to branch team efforts.
- Must be goal driven, have good organizational and administration skills in order to self manage and develop discipline and be flexible and coachable.
- Must be able to meet and exceed sales performance goals and execute good time and territory management.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in program function or new applications
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected] and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
Job Type: Full-time