The Category Manager - Walmart is responsible for working with the Customer Sales Teams to bring Business Plans and Marketing Priorities to fruition, while proactively bringing fact-based, market-relevant solutions and insights to both the Customer Sales Teams and the Customer (Retail Partner) to drive strategic category solutions.
- Working directly with the Retail Partner to develop the optimal Strategy and Tactics to grow the Category and gain Market Share
- Analyzing shopper and consumer data to evaluate the performance of Lindt Canada brands within a category, understanding what elements of the marketing mix (pricing, promotion, assortment, shelving, competition) are driving results, with a perspective provided as to what is working well in the market and represents opportunities for the Customer Sales Team and Retail Partner
- Leveraging scorecards, reporting (internally published) and self-built reporting tools, proactively identify customer opportunities for the category and Lindt brands around the 4 Ps
- Complete and communicate post-games on key selling initiatives (sales, shopper marketing)
- Retailer driven category reviews that integrate POS, syndicated market and consumer data, resulting in the establishment of strategies for assortment, pricing, promotion and shelving that reflect the Retailer’s and Lindt’s strategies
- With Customer Sales Team and Retailer’s Category Managers, play an active role in providing retailer specific solutions for closing performance gaps, and creating the story to enable sales to execute
- Develop and maintain standardized reporting around customer metrics
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis of customer specific data (Nielsen MarketTrack & Cross Outlet Facts, Retailer POS/Insights data) to identify performance opportunities, and to recommend solutions to close gaps
- Lead and educate the sales team on higher level category management principles
- Develop Gold Standard Planograms and support the generation of Lindt Master Guidelines
- Work with the sales team to identify opportunities
- As a broader member of the Customer Sales Team, this individual will be engaged in building relationships with key retailer contacts, where they will be viewed as a category expert, and will be integral to setting the course to deliver the overall business objectives.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Category Managers, Directors & Strategic Merchandising Teams within the retailer’s organization
- As the primary partner on a customer business this individual will have 2 indirect reports to train and develop in all proficiencies detailed in these accountabilities
- A university degree and 5+ years’ experience in Category Management (CPG industry)
- Working knowledge of Nielsen tools/platforms and POS/AA systems (Precima, IRI, Retail Link, etc.)
- Strong analytical background with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong organization skills and proven ability to manage several projects at one time
- Good communication skills; oral and written (this role will work internally and externally)
- Strong listening, negotiation and presentation skills with influential thinking a few steps ahead
Why Lindt Canada? Join our winning culture and become part of our team of passionate and dynamic individuals in our journey to become the leader in the Canadian chocolate market. Our environment characterizes personal commitment, drive, initiative and entrepreneurial spirit, working together as one team to reach outstanding results. We encourage, recognize and reward innovation, personal initiative, leadership and accountability throughout the organization. We are recognized as a Great Place to Work so come and grow your career with us, it’s a pretty sweet deal. To learn more about our winning culture, visit https://careers.lindtcanada.ca and or follow us on LinkedIn
Lindt & Sprüngli is recognized as a leader in the market for premium quality chocolate, offering a large selection of products in more than 120 countries around the world. During more than 170 years of Lindt & Sprüngli's existence, it has become known as one of the most innovative and creative companies making premium chocolate, with 12 production sites in Europe and the USA, and distribution and sales companies on four continents.
We thank all those who have applied however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Lindt is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request. Please contact our Human Resources department for more information. #CORPORATE #SALES #LI-LINDTCA #LI-Hybrid #LI-DT1