Job Title: Key Account Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Welcome to Lactalis Canada – where we take pride in being recognized as one of Forbes' 2022 top employers! Our journey revolves around enhancing the lives of Canadians through a rich variety of dairy delights, including some of Canadian’s favourite dairy brands such as like Black Diamond Cheese, Lactantia Milk, Astro Yogurt, Balderson Cheese, and Cheestrings. In fact, we’re proud to say our products grace the shelves of an incredible 94% of Canadian households!
With a 140-year legacy driven by innovation and unwavering quality, we’re seeking like-minded individuals to join us in shaping our next chapter. Our flexible hybrid work model accommodates 40% remote work, adapting to the evolving needs of our workforce. Step into a collaborative hub with our revamped office, and enjoy free parking, endless coffee, delicious Lactalis snacks, an on-site gym, and more!
About the opportunity:
The Key Account Manager is, directly and/or indirectly, accountable and responsible for managing the business relationship including negotiating category agreements, pricing / data integrity, and communication with the sales team on branded and private label products for designated customer.
The attributes we are looking for:
- Lead the customer in the development and execution of sales strategies for Lactalis categories that maximize volume, profitability and share results across the region through monitoring financial results and consumer consumption data /market analysis, and making strategic recommendations (e.g., marketing methods, managing product mixes) to achieve agreed targets.
- Negotiate product category agreements with customers as required. This includes conducting category reviews, developing formal financial proposals, interaction with Lactalis Regional Sales Managers/Account Managers, recommending pricing strategy and obtaining approval from Trade Marketing, Marketing and Finance.
- Provide advice and guidance in the development of Lactalis and the customer’s Annual Business Plans for branded & private label by validating future trade strategies and identifying key category opportunities. Ensure follow-up of the strategic execution and achievement of agreed upon the Plan.
- Lead in establishing Lactalis as a preferred supplier in assigned categories by negotiating agreements either as preferred or exclusive based on the opportunity and corporate priorities and maximize the Lactalis portfolio availability within the customer.
- Present category reviews to the customer at time of business reviews or launch of new product by analyzing internal, customer specific and market data. Develop presentations and include input from cross-functional team members for presentations. Identify issues and opportunities to further develop Lactalis business results.
- Act as liaison between the customer=and Lactalis Field sales team (i.e., Regional Sales Managers and Field Representatives) to communicate information/data (e.g., pricing, product codes) and issues
- Implement price increases by coordinating information with Lactalis Trade Marketing and submitting to the customer. Act as liaison between customer and Trade Marketing to finalize price.
- Determine customer sales requirements by conduct forecasting and entering data into SAP/forecasting system.
- Clear all outstanding administration and valid deductions by conducting follow up with Finance department to secure repayment of all invalid deductions from the customer.
What you will bring:
- University degree or College diploma
- Minimum three (3) years experience effectively managing major key accounts
- Strong analytical, planning and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office products (advanced Excel skills)
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and demands.
- Ability to penetrate customer beyond immediate contact and build relationships such that Lactalis objectives are achieved.
What Lactalis will offer:
Lactalis Canada believes in rewarding its people with the following comprehensive benefits package and perks:
- Competitive Compensation packages
- A Performance-Based Bonus System
- 4 Weeks of Vacation
- Comprehensive extended Health and Dental Benefits effective day 1
- A Pension Program with an Employer Match at 100% of up to 6%
- Tuition reimbursement plan of up to $3,000/year
- A Volunteer Day to give back to your community
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A commitment to internal career advancement with potential for international mobility
- Maternity / Adoption / Parental top up program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Dress for your day culture
- Paid bereavement and jury duty time off
- Paid leave to an employee for either an application or confirmation of citizenship
- Flexibility for course examination
- Company vehicle/car allowance
Our ESG commitment:
Our ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) roadmap drives our sustainability mission. We aim to positively impact communities and the planet by enabling stakeholders including our people, consumers, customers, suppliers, dairy farmers, government, and industry partners to have a positive impact on the wellbeing of our communities and the planet through all that we do.
At Lactalis Canada, we value our employees as catalysts for positive change. Together, we will create a sustainable future, promote belonging, and make a lasting impact on the world.
Our commitment to DEI:
Fuel Our Culture with Your Uniqueness! Lactalis thrives on the value each person brings. We're dedicated to amplifying diverse voices, inviting personal and professional growth, and embracing everyone's true selves. We're committed to crafting an environment that genuinely welcomes all, reflecting the richness of our people and communities.
Our promise extends to accessible processes and spaces. If you require accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary, or permanent), please inform our Talent Acquisition team – confidentiality will be maintained.
Note: Lactalis Canada does not conduct credit or background checks through LinkedIn. If required, we'll contact you after signing a Job Offer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M9C 5J1