WHO WE ARE
We create software to empower and inspire Canadian organizations.
Our two main platforms: IBEX Payroll and Inclusion System. IBEX makes life easier for small to medium sized businesses and Inclusion supports developmental services agencies. We provide tools in the areas of payroll, scheduling, time verification and more - so our customers can focus on what they do best.
We value an environment that supports people to do important work and grow. This shows in our dedication to positively impacting individuals, promoting team connection, and encouraging balance in all areas of life.
We are expanding our team and need a Data Specialist on a permanent, full-time basis. They will use strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, correct and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Your talent to solve complex problems will be engaged as you develop and execute database scripts for new customer implementations. You are also the primary creator of reports that are essential to our customers’ operations and are the keeper of the script library.
You’ll be a proactive member within the core of our technical support team and enjoy continually improving your knowledge of how our system works. You will thrive at providing Tier 3 support for database and technical assistance to internal Tier 1 and Tier 2 support teams.
You’ll find a good flow in an environment that incorporates team meetings, use of dedicated tools to resolve and track customer issues, forums to provide feedback and suggestions for product development, opportunities to collaborate with teammates, and dedicated one on one time with your Coach.
We believe that some of the best candidates have skills that come from varying experiences instead of traditional job experience and education. And so we encourage applications from people who have nontraditional backgrounds, transferable skills, and a passion for this work.
This is the right role for you if you love solving problems, are curious, are caring, and enjoy working with complex systems!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Experience working with large data sets, data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience with reporting packages for example: Structured Query Language (SQL), Team Foundation Server (TFS), and Azure DevOps Server.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets for example Microsoft Excel.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Experience solving analytical problems that differ in complexity, and therefore need varying time and effort to resolve.
- Aptitude for learning new subject matter, new tools, and computer applications.
- Ability to efficiently do the following: balance priorities, help others (ie. help team members meet deadlines), document and implement solutions, explain issues, and escalate issues.
- Experience providing positive interactions with people that have different communication styles and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work well alone and with others (ie. team members) remotely/virtually and in-person.
- Experience with a high-demand environment, adaptability to changes, and demonstrating a collaborative approach with others.
WHAT’S HERE FOR YOU
Empowerment: we want you to succeed and this begins with meeting you where you are. We have consistent and regular coaching meetings to understand what tools and resources you need to learn, develop, and grow.
Benefits, Wellness and Balance: beyond your physical health, we support your overall well-being. We provide a flexible and remote-friendly work environment, fair market rate compensation, training and education support, group benefits, employee family assistance program, and paid time off including paid Do Good days so you can give back to community, and other good things!
Transparency: we keep all team members informed, including weekly updates on the top company priorities, monthly reports on our growth, and Town Hall meetings with question and answer periods to discuss business updates and company direction.
Fun: we know a thing or two about having fun times. Food, games, big events, small events, learning together - there are opportunities for everyone to feel included. And while we like being together, we also make time to enjoy life outside of work.
INTERESTED? We would love for you to apply!
Your application must include the following:
1) a cover letter that gives us a sense of who you are and why you want the job, and
2) a resume that outlines your relevant experience and abilities.
The application deadline is August 29, 2023.