Help Desk Support Technician
Be part of our growing company!
Digital nGenuity was recently recognized by Maclean’s and Canadian Business magazines as one of Canada's Top 500 Growing Companies in 2019, and The Globe and Mail as one of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies in 2020! We have also been recognized as one of the Top 50 Best Managed IT Companies in Canada for the past 3 years.
Digital nGenuity is a locally owned Atlantic Canadian Technology Company located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We are a leading provider of Business to Business Information Technology and Managed Services. Digital nGenuity, and the companies we have formed partnerships with, deliver strategic IT consulting services, cloud solutions, server and infrastructure services and support, business solutions, client services and support, IT security services and education services to a wide variety of small and medium size businesses, including law firms, clinics, corporate departments, and divisions of Federal, Provincial and Municipal Governments.
Digital nGenuity is committed to continual development, certification and training in all areas of expertise to ensure we have the technical competency critical for delivering successful professional services to our business clients.
Key position functions include:
- Support the corporate electronic mail system according to established procedures and standards.
- Monitor network servers, routers, switches and other network equipment for performance and other problems, taking corrective action as required.
- Assist with maintenance of system backups.
- Provide basic troubleshooting for operating systems and application software.
- Provide basic troubleshooting for WAN and Internet connectivity issues.
- Create and update documentation.
- Provide telephone support to local and remote users for desktop and application issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide server and network support outside of regular business hours on a best-effort basis.
- Project work and other duties as assigned.
- Triage and escalate tickets received via phone and email.
Preferred candidates will possess a combination of the following:
- Computer-related diploma from a recognized technical school.
- Minimum three years of experience in a server/network administration role.
- Working knowledge/experience with administration of Microsoft Windows Server 2008+, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Azure, Office365 Administration, SolarWinds n-Central, PowerShell and networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs and Wi-Fi.
- Network+ certification or equivalent preferred.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, and/or other industry certifications, or willingness to obtain certification.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and well-organized with a strong ability to think logically.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours or weekends.
- Required to provide on-call support on a rotational basis on holidays and after hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
ONLY candidates located in Canada, and eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship will be considered at this time. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work With Us
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and EAP program.
- Paid holidays and flex working hours.
- Annual performance review with bonus programs.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year
If you are interested in a career opportunity with Digital nGenuity please forward your resume to:
Katherine Hanks, VP Operations
902.462.3249 x 213
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS B3B 1X4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Technical Support: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person