Digital Marketing Specialist
Flight Centre Travel Group’s (FCTG) Independent Division is comprised of a global network of independent travel agency owners and advisors around the world. We are the fastest growing division within FCTG globally and have an incredibly exciting pathway ahead of us.
This role is on the global marketing team, which serves to promote both our business as a solution for independent travel agencies and advisors, as well as the travel product they sell.
This is a global role, so location is flexible across our major markets. However, we do require some time in the office for those near a location.
FCTG is global organisation with operations in over 90 countries, covering many facets of the travel industry. We have a celebrated culture and offer incredible perks to our staff, including exclusive travel discounts, financial and health advice, training and development opportunities and more
To learn more about Flight Centre Travel Group please click HERE
About The Opportunity
The FCTG Independent Marketing team is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to work with our teams across Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada and South Africa. This is a new role that presents a significant opportunity for development. We’re looking for a digital unicorn who can own this space in our team and benefit from the unique opportunity to design and build our digital presence around the world.
Reporting to the Global Head of Brand and Marketing, the successful candidate will play an important role in planning, executing, and reporting on digital marketing campaigns that support the digital strategy and implementation across all digital channels for FCTG Independent. This role leverages a key understanding of cross-channel digital execution, including paid media, organic (SEO), website content management best practices, email marketing and analytics reporting with the objective to achieve business KPIs.
This individual is part of the global marketing framework, supporting the execution of global and regional marketing plans. The role is responsible for the planning, developing, and implementing a full range of digital marketing initiatives to achieve acquisition and customer growth by exceeding website visitor, enquiry, hot lead conversion, and cost per hot lead (CPHL) targets.
They will be a key connection between the regional marketing teams, as well as global content and design, to ensure continual optimisation and improvement of the customer’s digital journey. As such, strong project and stakeholder management skills will be essential in this role, as well as a solid understanding of the entire digital marketing landscape.
This role requires the individual to be proactive and be a source of industry trends and innovation that could improve the customer’s digital experience. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the digital marketing space and willing to be hands-on in this role.
- Support the Independent marketing plan to drive acquisition, retention and growth.
- Execute ROI-focused digital marketing activities across email, social, website and paid media within agreed timelines.
- Develop digital approach that aligns to our global strategy, including paid and organic across all channels (website, search, social, eDM, ads)
- Work within the CMS to produce and publish SEO optimised content, campaigns and website updates.
- Utilise social media platforms to push content and monitor campaign activity.
- Manage initial website builds (external agency) and continually improve the functionality, usability and design of brand websites.
- Ensure all web content is optimised and in-line with SEO best practices.
- Work alongside National Managers to monitor and optimise all digital activity in the regions.
- Develop weekly reports on all digital activity and use this information to plan improvements.
- Contribute to engagement and re-engagement strategies for the business.
- Work within analytics tools to ensure accurate reporting of data.
- Support data clean up and Salesforce CRM on an ad hoc basis.
- Create relevant and effective digital campaign briefs and plans for design and content managers. Work with this team to develop effective test and learn activities that optimise the customer experience.
- Work with agencies create multi-media digital campaign plans that achieve defined goals.
- Deliver high performing landing pages that generates results.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in a digital marketing role
- Deep understanding of all digital marketing channels with demonstrated results
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment, including the wider marketing team and teams from other disciplines
- The ability to work autonomously, troubleshooting problems on your own
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A willingness to develop, learn new skills and grow in your role
- An understanding of analytics and reporting, and the ability to analyse data to make informed decisions
- Detailed understanding of SEO, Performance and CRO technical application, trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience effectively using the Google suite of tools, including but not limited to GA4, Google Ads, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with SEM Rush, managing CMS like Drupal
- Experience with Paid Social (i.e. Meta, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.)
- Experience running paid search campaigns
- Experience in customising digital journeys preferred
- Good knowledge in using HTML and CSS language preferred
- Ability to prepare presentations to represent digital innovations and journeys for the business.
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Generous paid time off policy
- Travel perks/discounts
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Group benefits including extended health care, dental and vision
- Insurance including life, AD&D, critical illness, long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP/RPP with matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Share Plan – Ability to purchase company stock on Australian Stock Exchange with partial company match, subject to terms and conditions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
Location – Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then .
This role can be performed onsite or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Centre Travel Group’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at [email protected]