This position provides customers with deployment and support services for UPS approved technology products. The incumbent supports internal and external customers and UPS Information Technology (IT) infrastructure. This position conducts hardware and software planning, performs network management and administration, and provides technical advice and training to customers. This position organizes and coordinates activities for installing, deploying, and upgrading UPS approved software, hardware, and infrastructure. The incumbent troubleshoots technology related issues and collaborates with staff to deploy standardized practices and procedures to restore technical services. This position executes implementations and facilitates activities to support programs and projects. The incumbent engages in regular audits to ensure the IT environment meets UPS standards. The incumbent works in multiple locations (i.e., UPS facilities, vendor facilities, and customer locations) to perform deployment and support activities. This position provides support with landlines, cell phones, smartphones, data lines, HDVC and MOVI conference calls, and Private Branch Exchange (PBX) systems and works with vendors, coordinates visits, and provides support for any required tasks.
- Performs Integrations and Installations
- Assists with Facility Technology Management
- Fulfills Service Requests
- Interfaces with Customers, Teams, and Associates
- Conducts TSG Technical Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Addresses Customer Requests
- Document incidents/Work orders
- Deploy hardware and Software
- Handle escalations and/or Process escalations request
- Follow standard Procedures
- Travel Required
- College Degree - Required
- Must have a class 5 Driver License and a reliable vehicle.
- College Degree on IT/Computer Science/Engineering - Preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- CCENT Cisco Network Certification
What we offer:
UPS offers a competitive compensation package which includes benefit options including health and dental coverage, group insurance plan, paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan and an unlimited opportunity to grow within the company.
Our employee benefits include the following:
- Training and Development: UPS provides full training for all positions to ensure safety and compliance to policies and regulations;
- Weekly Compensation: Employees are paid on a weekly basis, every Friday;
- Generous Benefits Package: All UPS employees have extended health, dental, and vision benefits. UPS drivers have a Defined Contributing Pension Plan with Company contribution;
- Promotion From Within: UPS is a globally known brand and has expanded in many countries and so UPS offers lots of room for advancement in many areas of the business;
- Employee Discounts: All UPS employees have the chance to take advantage in employee discounts when purchasing UPS merchandise and other brands;
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work required for the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All candidates must successfully complete a series of interviews in order to qualify. Background and reference checks will also be required.
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment. We welcome all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews and assessments. Please advise our Talent Acquisitions Representatives if a workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
UPS Canada is a Federally Regulated Workplace
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $20.45 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS B3B 1N9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person