Chart Your Course With Fleetway Inc...
- Do you have a keen sense for detail and thrive on challenges?
- Do you like working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment?
- Are you a perfectionist who is committed to quality?
- Are you a word-whiz?
- Do you want to gain experience editing in the Publications world?
- Do you have the desire to join a rapidly growing, coast-to-coast team of industry professionals?
If you’ve answered YES to the above questions, this could be the right job for you!
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway’s experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
We are looking for current and furture Technical Editors for our Dartmouth, NS office! This position will work in our Information Management Department and report to the manager of that department. The role will primarily involve the provision of support to Fleetway’s project teams in the control and issuance of engineering documents, version control and data entry.
We are looking for an individual that consistently takes initiative, is bright, energetic, pays attention to the details and is adept at setting priorities. This person must also enjoy working as a team but is also comfortable working alone, is a quick learner who can meet and exceed multiple deadlines.
- College or University graduate
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills
- Editing and writing skills considered a strong asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and desktop publishing
- Experience in graphic/compositional tools such as Corel or Adobe Photoshop considered an asset
- Must have high attention to detail
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances
- Proofread, edit, and format technical publications, standardizing both content and layout with boilerplate templates in accordance with applicable style manuals and guidelines
- Structural and stylistic editing for layout, grammar, syntax, and Standard Technical English (STE) conformity
- Maintaining a customer focus to ensure that requirements and expectations are delivered on time and to a high standard
- Collaborates with Technical Specialists to resolve content clarity, and Configuration Management to distribute files in a consistent and complying process
- Works within an Agile methodology to effectively manage and process publication activities
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Flexible work hours with core office hours
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program
- Company jacket, casual Fridays
- Access to on-site gym
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.