The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining a fast-paced technical support program for our field operations teams. The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for full cycle asset management including shipping / receiving, maintenance, and distribution. This position will also receive training as a part time field technician, and will need to be available to assist with field operations when needed.
- Repair, maintain, and install oil field equipment based on oral and written work orders completed with the use of hand tools
- Install and repair firmware / software on proprietary system, local equipment and cloud-based systems
- Interact with field staff, area supervisors and customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Research required information using available resources
- Follow standard processes and procedures
- Identify and escalate priority issues per company specifications
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate and / or redirect appropriately per outlined processes.
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary
- Support customer ticketing and job creation based on Field Supervisor needs
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- When needed, deliver and / or install equipment at client locations in field
- Crosstrain for coverage of full-time field support staff when needed
- Act as “Hot Shot” driver when equipment transfers are needed
- High School Diploma with 1+ years in related experience
- First Aid & CPR
- H2S Alive
- Petroleum Safety Training
- Class 5 Driver’s License & Clean Drivers Abstract
- Proficient in G-mail/Google Drive/Google Calendar
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.