Calgary Co-op Pharmacies provide a highly professional environment, reflecting a deep commitment to the highest patient care standards. Our pharmacy program helps keep patients well-informed, comfortable, and healthy in the most efficient way possible. If you want to make the most of your education and training - and provide optimal patient care - we have excellent career opportunities for you.
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We are looking for talented colleagues who are passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for our Pharmacy customers and delighting them every step of the way!
We offer competitive wages, progressive careers, great work culture, comprehensive training, staff discounts, career development programs, flexible schedules, and an excellent pension plan & benefits package! These are some of the many reasons why we are among the Alberta’s top 75 employer for 7 years in a row . Come share our vision and passion in delivering a superior customer experience.
What the job entails (overview)
This is your opportunity to provide leadership that embraces a culture that promotes a passion for customer service, teamwork and continuous improvement as well as ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service experiences for our members and customers of Calgary Co-op. The Clinical Pharmacist position plays an essential role in the quality and safety of our patients’ medications. You will report to the Pharmacy Director and will be responsible for providing pharmacy clinical and patient management services to Calgary Co-op members and other patients to meet their healthcare needs while ensuring the highest levels of customer care service and consultancy.
Where you’ll be focusing (your day to day):
- Providing all professional services within the Alberta Health Pharmacy Services Framework.
- Promote, organize and conduct in-store clinic days or public forums in pharmacy areas of practice which may include injections, diabetes health, respiratory health, geriatric health, travel health, tobacco reduction or other therapeutic areas. Increase public awareness and promote membership.
- Training and development of other pharmacists in a certification area of practice.
- Presentations to other team members, patients or external community liaisons (physicians, businesses, schools).
- Provide pharmacy department programs to meet sales objectives for professional services rendered and increase prescription volume.
- Promote marketing and adherence programs and implement to increase pharmacy department sales.
- Promote specialized services and pharmacists within the local and business community and health care environments.
- Assist in the development and/or organization continuing education events for pharmacy staff required for licensure.
- Assist with development of protocols and best practices for certified pharmacy staff.
- Responsible for a minimum of eight centres.
- Will be scheduled to provide clinical services at centers based on operational needs. depending on location, shifts may include evenings and weekends.
- Communicate details of programs and pharmacy staff responsibilities.
- Develop future certified pharmacists.
- Ensure compliance to all provincial and federal professional standards and regulations, and with company policies and procedures.
Participate in the development and action of yearly competency performance work plan(s) and development action plan(s).
What you will need (Requirements):
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.Sc. or Pharm. D.).
- Licensed and registered with Alberta College of Pharmacists.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a licensed pharmacist.
- Authorization to Administer Medications by Injection.
- Knowledge of provincial, federal, and company policies and procedures.
- Administration skills, such as planning and organizing, resource management and the ability to set priorities and coordinate work activities. Also includes managing time and resources so that work objectives are achieved on time.
- Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and establishing a service environment. This involves the ability to identify requirements of internal and external customers, focus on achieving optimal results, and develop solutions that positively affect customer satisfaction. This also involves demonstrating good customer service to all.
- Reading skills, including the ability to accurately read and interpret prescriptions.
- Oral communication skills, including the ability to speak in a clear and concise manner to peers, managers, and both internal and external customers. This includes the ability to communicate well to large groups of people.
- Listening skills, including the ability to effectively understand customers and their inquiries.
- Written communication skills, including the ability to write in a clear and concise manner to peers, managers, and customers. Should have a good understanding of word, excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Ability to work different schedules to meet store and customer needs.
- Stress tolerance and adaptability, including the ability to work productively and maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude when faced with difficult situations.
- Interpersonal skills including building relationships and conflict resolution. This involves the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with peers and management.
- Drive for results, including demonstrating energy and enthusiasm for new ideas and practices and an orientation toward accomplishment and achievement. This involves the ability to direct self and/or team members toward accomplishment of objectives and to persist in the face of challenges and obstacles to achieve goals and objectives.
- Certification and experience as a certified pharmacist educator (desirable)
- Certification for Additional Prescribing Authority (desirable)
- Certified Educator (desirable)
Developing, mentoring and coaching skills, including the ability to provide others with constructive suggestions and encouragement (desirable)
Calgary Co-op takes pride in providing more than just an attractive compensation and benefits plan, as well as an industry leading pension plan and recognition program.
- Hourly rates start at $53 /hour and goes upwards based on your experience.
- You will also be eligible for incentive (up to 7.5% of regular base earnings)
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
Sick leave, Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Pension plan after 1 – 2 years
- Employee Discount Program
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses
- Employee career development assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- Employee & family assistance program
- Community involvement opportunities
Flexible work life arrangements to meet your lifestyle needs
ABOUT CALGARY COOP
Owned by members, Calgary Co-op is one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America. We have locations in Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks and Strathmore include: food centres, pharmacies, gas stations, car washes, home health care centres, wine, spirits and beer locations, and cannabis stores. We also own and operate Community Natural Foods. With over 425,000 members, 3,850 employees, assets of $689 million and annual sales of $1.3 billion, Calgary Co-op was recognized as one of Alberta's Top 75 Employers of 2023 and is committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience through inspired team members. Calgary Co-op has been one of Alberta’s top 75 employers for 7 consecutive years.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.