Modern Beauty was established in Calgary, AB, in 1986. Today, we are Canada’s largest family-owned supplier with almost 40 stores across Canada. At Modern, we are the exclusive distributor of numerous product lines recognized worldwide. We are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for our continuous expansions, progressive thinking, and our ability to accommodate our growing client base while ensuring our employees are treated like family.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Full-time Beauty Sales Specialist to join our team in our Red Deer store. This position is ideal for someone who has a strong entrepreneurial spirit with the desire to grow store sales, which in turn creates personal gains as we have many perks through our bonus and incentive programs. We want someone who is people oriented and has a positive outlook.
The most important characteristic of our team of Beauty Specialists is that we love helping our clients. This commitment entails being passionate about building client rapport as well as being flexible with scheduling and working weekend shifts to accommodate our continued growth.
- Provide superior customer service to all clients
- Educate clients through consultative selling, promoting new products and knowledge of promotions
- Drive sales using your entrepreneurial spirit to build your loyal client base
- Accurately and efficiently process financial transactions utilizing POS System
- Maintenance of correct store promotions and signage as well as stock and display merchandising
- Cash handling and performing opening and closing duties, including bank deposits
- Overseeing the maintenance of store inventory as it pertains to sending and receiving stock
- Perform other duties as required
- Exceptional customer service skills – develop and maintain positive relationships with our loyal client base
- Willingness to retain product knowledge to promote sales
- Solid visual merchandising skills with an eye for detail
- Strong technical aptitude - ability to learn a new computer system
- Highly motivated and reliable
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting priorities – Thrive in a team setting and able to work independently
- Passion for the Beauty Industry is a must have. Experience as a hairstylist, a nail technician, an esthetician or in beauty sales is considered an asset.
- Weekend availability
- Comprehensive benefits including extended health benefits with life insurance, vision and dental coverage
- Bonus & incentive structure to earn more money
- Free swag and generous employee discount on all of our brands
- Flexibility with scheduling & time off requests to support a work life balance
- Regular Education opportunities to get inspired by our brands & products
- Team-building sessions to foster a positive work environment
- Career advancement opportunities within the company as we grow
- You’re not a number, you’re a person where your voice matters!
If you qualify for this position and believe you would be a good fit, please submit your resume.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Red Deer, AB T4R 2R1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- beauty: 1 year (preferred)
- retail: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person