Reporting to the General Manager, the Project Manager is the main generator of revenue for the branch. This position’s primary responsibility is to manage and oversee all emergency and restoration related services provided by Belfor Property Restoration. This position attends job sites to assess damage and provide data to create estimates. The Project Manager provides technical explanations and feedback to clients, adjusters and consultants. A Project Manager will also be expected to strengthen relationships with all existing and potential customers through business development and accounts management activities by the attendance of industry events or customer entertainment activities where appropriate and within company guidelines. This position is considered a first point of contact in the field that communicates professionally with all customers, subcontractors, consultants and insurance company representatives.
Create, review and edit estimates pursuant to Belfor estimating standards, insurance compliance service level agreements (SLA), including creation of accurate floor plans in Xactimate sketch
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Ensure all protocols are followed as it relates to insurance, legislation or division specific
- Upload, monitor, revise and update estimates and noting system in internal and external systems
- Secure (work) authorizations and deposits to commence project in accordance with office policies and protocols
- Manages and oversees all projects; residential, marine (if applicable), commercial, and industrial
- Manages high risk, high exposure and/or complex projects
- Ensure scope of work is being followed as per quoting process to ensure accurate timelines and project budgets are achieved
- Attend all site meetings as required to initiate and maintain the proper management liaison between customer, sub-contractors, consultants/engineers and all insurance company representatives
- Communicate professionally with customers, subcontractors and insurance companies; coordinate and schedule all appointments
with customers and clients
- Provide technical explanations to clients, adjusters, consultants and others
- Coordinate all work duties in the field, job starts and schedules with all personnel including subcontractors
- Provide constructive feedback and direction to complete projects on time and on budget
- Ensure applicable permits are in place, and meet with inspectors as required
- Coordinate and attend after-hours emergency jobs to ensure services are completed as required
- Work in conjunction with Safety Coordinator to ensure all areas of safety are covered off in the quote and proposal process
- Review and approve project based invoices for payment
- Ensure a certificate of completion is obtained on all projects and submitted / uploaded with invoicing
- Submit interim and end of project billing
- Participate in collection efforts on all outstanding accounts
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Ensure attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property and information
- Will practice good housekeeping at all times to ensure a safe and non-cluttered worksite
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment, including safe operation of machines and equipment
- Comply with all Belfor policies and procedures, as well as legislative requirements
- Proactively communicate job site conditions and concerns that may or are affecting completion of the job to the appropriate person
- Attend all Belfor sponsored training courses
Human Resources: Maintain employee confidentiality and performance management by coaching leading, mentoring and motivating employees.
- Safety: Verify all Belfor documents are completed accurately; maintaining employee records and compliance; ensuring
compliance of all employees and subcontractors with local laws and Belfor policy at all Belfor locations and job sites.
- Accountability: Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance,
ensuring accuracy and documentation.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with our staff and customers, both verbal and written.
- Leadership: Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Time Management: Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment
Post secondary courses and / or certification in Construction, Business / Project Management; and / or working towards PMP certification preferred
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Construction / Restoration / Insurance (Residential, Commercial and Industrial), experience preferred
- Sales experience in related fields, including upgrades / changes to existing contracts
- Experience with Xactimate and XactAnalysis preferred
- Experience with site-specific safety plans
- Extensive knowledge of construction trades
- Hazardous material identification including asbestos, lead paint, mold and IICRC unsanitary categories 2, 3 and Special Situations
- Solid working knowledge of building codes and regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices..
- Excellent time management skills, having the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per Belfor’s vehicle policy
- Self-directed, takes initiative, with the ability to work within a team or independently as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Intermediate computer and/or tablet/iPad experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and Google Suite, JD Edwards experience an asset
- Willing to work evenings, on call and weekends when requested
- Travel may be required
- Criminal Record Check
Frequent lifting from 5-40 lbs, unassisted (from 35-65% of the time)
- Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the time)
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Fit Testing – half and full face mask as needed, annual certification required
- Working at Heights - over 5 feet, periodically
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling
BELFOR (Canada) Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.