Ocean Capital Holdings Limited is a privately held company with its office located in Saint John, NB with interests in a number of businesses, including broadcasting, construction, energy, industrial distribution, and real-estate. Our purpose is to grow winning businesses with great people, which contribute to better communities. We unlock the potential of our businesses through imagination and a passion for winning, and we celebrate the uniqueness in each person. Our focus is on excellence and accomplishment. The Company and its businesses have always been responsible corporate citizens, mindful of the communities where we operate.
Ocean Capital Holdings Limited has an opportunity for a Communications Associate join our team in Saint John. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Citizenship, this position will provide a great opportunity to be a part of an experienced team and gain exposure to a variety of marketing projects and community engagement activities in a corporate office.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of events and community engagement activities.
- Develop engaging and persuasive content, including but not limited to; social media posts, website materials, Public Relations messages and articles that effectively represent our brand and values.
- Providing support with the production of an internal company-wide newsletter and its distribution.
- Developing and posting on Social Media, designing the visuals and messages to align with the corporate strategy, as well as tracking and monitoring activities for quality and effectiveness.
- Assisting with regular reporting and marketing analytics.
- Supporting other day-to-day marketing and communication initiatives such as film projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization on various initiatives.
- Maintain our digital asset management system, corporate subscriptions and memberships.
- An understanding and appreciation of the confidential nature of the position.
- Proactive delivery: Strive to exceed expectations; taking accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Creating personal impact: Show confidence and positive attitude, contributing to the energy of the team.
- Aligning self: Organize and prioritize own contribution to the goals and priorities of the team and business.
- Rational influencing: Provide compelling business cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers.
- Supporting others: Building mutual support and understanding with colleagues.
- High quality decision making: Make smart decisions weighing risk and reward to help team/department performance.
- Making improvements: Show curiosity in seeking opportunities to make improvements; increasing efficiency, effectiveness, and customer success.
- Owning your development: Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines, with multiple tasks being managed concurrently.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools and social media platforms.
- Advanced analytical abilities and MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in photography and taking videos would be an asset.
- Creative mindset with experience in Canva or other graphic design programs would be an asset.
Providing the opportunities for career and professional growth, we support our employees` movements to different companies within our group. If you are interested in the position, please apply with a resume.