About Etobicoke Humane Society
Etobicoke Humane Society (EHS) is an independent, all-volunteer, federally registered charity serving the Greater Toronto Area since 1987. EHS services are available for cats and dogs and we offer on-site sheltering and adoption as well as off-site fostering for special needs animals. Our mission is to protect, care for and advance the welfare of animals. As an independent shelter, EHS operations are overseen by a volunteer board of directors and are not managed by or funded by the OSPCA, the Toronto Humane Society, the City of Toronto Animal Services or any other organization. Everyone involved at EHS is a volunteer. From the board of directors to shelter volunteers, from office volunteers to program coordinators—EHS has no paid employees. For more information, visit us at www.etobicokehumanesociety.com.
The Director, Human Resources will work with senior leaders, board members and their respective teams to define and implement people strategies that are aligned with EHS’s plans to grow and evolve the organization. This role brings a holistic, strategic perspective and experience to people planning with the senior leadership team. In addition, the individual will bring a unique generalist background across all functional areas of HR (engagement, workforce planning, talent management, compliance, employee relations, total rewards, leadership development, etc.) to drive organization effectiveness and enable business results. This role requires broad knowledge of human resources including organization development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and talent acquisition. You will design, build, and deliver solutions to optimize HR delivery of services and HR tools to improve processes with an overall goal to enhance HR service delivery. This role requires minimum 2 year commitment.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Seasoned human resource professional, typically with ten or more years of experience with most experience preferred in a generalist position
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience in human resources or related field
- Experience implementing strategies and systems for talent management and HR technology
- Experience in non-profit sector is an asset
- Experience partnering directly with senior leadership to develop, align and implement HR and organizational development strategies
- Strong business acumen and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of employment laws and compliance issues
- Ability to identify, influence, and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve desired organizational outcomes
- Experience building and implementing projects from the ground up and a passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, project management, and process improvement
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Remote