We are looking for creative candidates with an eye for design for the position of Hair Stylist. Hair Stylist duties include consulting clients on hair styling options, describing the benefits of different hair care products, recommend products to clients and staying updated on the latest hair trends and styling methods.
Additionally, need to be expert "people persons" to attract and retain customers.
Hair Stylist Responsibilities:
- Consulting with clients on stylistic options for their hair.
- Listening to client needs to determine their preferences.
- Describing and recommending different hair care products and their benefits.
- Shampooing, cutting, coloring and highlighting hair.
- Performing scalp treatments.
- Acting as salespersons to sell clients hair care retail products.
- Building a personal relationship with clients to ensure return visits.
- Adhering to salon safety and cleanliness standards.
- Managing bookings and welcoming clients into the store.
- Keeping updated on hairstyle trends and styling methods.
Hair Stylist Requirements:
- High school graduation or GED completion.
- Licensing from a cosmetology school.
- Previous experience as a Hair Stylist or colorist.
- A wide pallet of styling and coloring techniques.
- Proficiency with hot irons, curlers and blow-dryers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal communication.
- Physical stamina.
- Creative mindset and a good eye for design.
Job Types: Commission, Permanent
Salary: $17.50-$20.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person