Who we are
We, at Staples Professional, provide our business customers with a deep professional expertise when it comes to Business Essentials, Furniture, Facilities, Technology, Print/Promo, and Pack and Ship, as well as next-day delivery service and customized solutions for ordering, billing and reporting. We are part of the Staples umbrella in Canada, and as such we are a true multi-channel solution provider – online, at our customers place of business and in-store, for all our customers needs. We are looking for people who are curious, passionate and put the customer first.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Professional is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do:
Reporting to the proposal team manager, the proposal specialist owns the proposal process from the kick-off meeting through to submission. They serve as the project manager for complex, verbiage and compliance driven RFx opportunities for both prospective and existing customers of all sizes. The proposal specialist plays an integral role in driving revenue and increasing profitability through conversion, retention, and penetration.
Specifically, this role:
- Provides operational leadership for proposal development, charting project plans and bid schedules, spearheading kickoff calls, delegating tasks, communicating critical deadlines, conducting executive reviews, and holding stakeholders accountable throughout.
- Identifies legal and operational risks, provides risk mitigation strategies (Ex. reservation of rights language) and recommendations to stakeholders, engaging the risk management and legal teams as needed.
- Strategizes with the sales team to identify win themes, customer pain points, and key value drivers to create a unified bid strategy for revenue generation.
- Collaborates across all organizational functions and levels, building alignment between the proposal, pricing, sales, merchandising, transportation, operations, legal, risk management, and credit teams.
- Gathers, analyzes and organizes data from other departments, discerning key information and integrating it into the response.
- Drafts and creates proposals that capture Staples Professional’s value proposition and align our offering with customer needs. Edits and revises drafts based on customer addenda and stakeholder feedback.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.