Working within the Communications Department and in close partnership with the Marketing, Operations, People and Real Estate teams, the Specialist, Communications supports the development of communications strategies and initiatives to further enhance and safeguard Chartwell’s brand internally and externally as well as to drive business priorities. This includes corporate initiatives as well as projects specific to individual residences. This role also offers editorial oversight and strategic direction to other members of the Communication team, helping to prioritize projects, meet deadlines and ensure sufficient support where needed.
- Supports the Sr. Director with crisis and issue management, including the development of reputational strategies and initiatives
- Works with residence and corporate teams to develop communications plans and written materials, including key messages, talking points, letters and media statements that maintain transparency, protect the organization's reputation, and ensures accurate information dissemination.
- Supports the Sr. Director with media engagement on behalf of our residence and corporate support teams, including written statements, interviews (when needed) and media pitches to promote positive stakeholder engagement and investor perception.
- Supports the development of public relations strategies for a wide range of projects from brand awareness to business and local marketing strategies to real estate projects.
- Executes communications strategies and initiatives to enhance and supports employee engagement, working closely with the people team, operations and corporate partners, including the development of communications plan, editorial guidance, letter writing, key messaging, townhalls and events
- Works closely with Communications Coordinator to compose and edit weekly internal Operations publications, Communiqué.
- Supports the development and execution of strategies to enhance communications and engagement with our employees, residents and families
- Provides support for The Chartwell Foundation through the execution of internal and external communications strategies and initiatives.
- Works closely with the content and social media teams to execute editorial corporate content and strategies across our digital platforms.
- 2-5 years of communication and public relations experience;
- Experience with issues management.
- Experience communicating in a health care, seniors housing or corporate environment is an asset;
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized institution in the area of communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication skills that include excellent written, oral, and presentation abilities; an exceptional command of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and editing requirements and strong attention to detail;
- An understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management;
- A strong knowledge of journalism, public relations best practices and comfort in approaching and engaging with journalists;
- In-depth understanding of print, digital and social media platforms including best practices and trends;
- High level critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning skills to identify motivating factors and create persuasive messaging;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact effectively and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Effective and creative problem solving skills combined with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team of multidisciplinary professionals;
- Ability to offer strategic advice, balance organizational priorities and work within internal resources and budgets;
- A desire to pursue innovation, be results oriented and hold oneself accountable;
- The ability to organize and prioritize work to manage timelines and to meet defined deadlines;
- Demonstrated time management skills in a fast-paced work environment.
At Chartwell, we’re all about Making People’s Lives BETTER: the lives of our residents and their families, and the lives of our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, inspiring, and caring people who are empowered to provide personalized, human experiences for our residents and staff through the connections they make every day within our communities.
Chartwell’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hiring people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including people with disabilities. If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email [email protected]
or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.