Infinity Métis Corporation (IMC) is on a mission to create and deepen business opportunities for the Métis Community of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB). Since 2003, we've done this while maintaining the values of environmental sustainability and promoting Métis heritage within our region.
To our people, we offer flexibility and the opportunity to generate growth opportunities by presenting ideas and showing initiative. We are proud to provide our team with the chance to innovate in Indigenous business while working with local membership, social profits, and educational institutions.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager of Infinity Métis Corp. ‘IMC’, the Partnership Business Development Associate is responsible for building and maintaining key customer relationships with new and existing clients. This role will manage existing clients to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business while seeking new opportunities to ensure long-term business growth. The Business Development Associate will work with Joint Venture Partners and IMC Business Units to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue.
The incumbent will conduct all activities in a manner that supports the mission, vision and values of IMC, as well as adherence to all established Policies and Procedures.
This permanent full-time salaried position is based on forty (40) hours weekly. Additional hours may be required for the purposes of attending meetings and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deepen existing Joint Venture (JV) Partner relationships by connecting regularly in-person, via telephone, or in virtual meetings;
- Generate JV Partner and other business prospects according to the strategic needs of the organization and follow up with prospecting calls and other communication;
- Maintain warm communication with industry partners to identify current and upcoming projects;
- Communicate quarterly forecasts of opportunities to our JV Partners that they may want to engage in;
- Attend, engage, and volunteer in-person at local events and activities while keeping JV Partners apprised of the same to encourage their attendance;
- Ensure JV Partners have the best information to qualify and submit bids to the industry by monitoring industry qualifications and apprising the partner group;
- Steward quarterly meetings between the JV Partner boards and the IMC board, and any other stewardship meetings;
- Make presentations to the council, community stakeholders, educational groups, and the community as required;
- Identify and act on opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will create increased revenues;
- Identify the company’s ideal customer, unique advantage, and differentiators;
- Administrate contractual agreements, including clearly communicating social mandate compliance requirements to JV Partners;
- Attend in-person membership events, engage in membership benefits, and ensure JV Partners are equally engaged;
- Organize and conduct professional meetings, ensuring structure and purpose by creating and distributing agendas aligned with purpose and agreements;
- Contribute strategically to all IMC business and subsidiary initiatives to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue; and,
- Other relatable duties as required.
- Diploma in Marketing/Business, along with a minimum of four (4) years relatable experience in Marketing, Sales and Business is required; or,
- A combination of post-secondary education courses in Marketing/Business, along with a minimum of six (6) years relatable experience in Marketing, Sales and Business positions may be considered;
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s Licence, along with a clean drivers abstract is required;
- Criminal Record Check is required;
- Demonstrated success in developing new business opportunities;
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the oil sands industry is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding on the local client community;
- Must be proficient will all Microsoft office suite applications; and,
- Must have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Qualified status with the Métis Nation of Alberta or fluency in Dene Cree are preferred candidate traits.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.