Maintenance - Electrician
Wonderbrands Amherst, Nova Scotia
RATE: $ 32.91/ hour, depending on qualifications.
Night Shift premium when applicable.
SHIFT: Schedule of bakery, availability required (flexibility with working on weekends and overtime, as necessary)
Wonderbrands, is a leading North American bakery (formerly Weston Foods, fresh and frozen businesses) with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads, artisan breads, and donuts. We are one of the largest bakeries in North America and makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa. Wonderbrands, a division of FGF Brands, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake.
Our Electricians are crucial members of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; work closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements, and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
Your primary responsibility includes performing electrical maintenance, install, examine, replace or repair components; trouble shoot electrical systems and building services. In addition, you will provide technical support to production teams in supporting production uptime, ensuring optimal functioning of the production equipment and facilities. This position provides critical support in reducing production down time, maintaining overhaul programs, preventive maintenance of equipment, and effective troubleshooting and repair of equipment. Our production equipment helps us bake delicious products for our customers every day, and you’ll be in charge of making sure the lines are ready to run!
In a typical day you will:
Repair, troubleshoot and install machinery including electrical and electronic equipment, control systems and automation
- Wire electrical systems and test automated systems
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production and bakery equipment
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Skills & Other Requirements:
Must have Industrial Electrician License (442A) or Construction and Maintenance 309A
- You’re a problem solver with good communication skills who works well with a team and independently
- You’re OK with occasional heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- You really enjoy working in a fast paced environment where every day can bring new and unique challenges
- You have some experience with instrumentation, but it’s not required
- You have 2 years' of industrial, electrical and mechanical experience, preferably in the food industry
- Ability to work a flexible shift day/afternoon/night, Sunday to Saturday, and holidays.
You have a desire to learn and be trained in PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and ability to assist all trades people as required
Ability to work a flexible shift day/afternoon/night, Sunday to Saturday.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!