Kinaxis is the global leader in modern supply chain management. We serve supply chains and the people who manage them in service of humanity. Our software is trusted by renowned global brands to provide the agility and predictability needed to navigate today's volatility and disruption. We combine our patented concurrency technique with a human-centered approach to AI to empower businesses of all sizes to orchestrate their end-to-end supply chain network, from multi-year strategic planning through down-to-the-second execution and last-mile delivery. For more news and information, please visit kinaxis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Job location: This is a remote position anywhere in Canada except Ottawa, Canada where the expectation is to work a minimum of 3 days a week in the office.
The Public Relations Lead brings extensive professional experience and is a strategic corporate storyteller with a journalistic mindset who delivers results that drive the success of our business and our people. Collaborative and curious, you can identify and articulate compelling stories and turn them into effective coverage. You understand the full spectrum of owned, earned, and paid media, and use your capacity to the fullest to leverage them for maximum effect. While working in collaboration with a range of internal and external stakeholders, you think globally, you empower and inspire those around you and you contribute to a culture of creativity and continuous improvement.
- Influence, manage and execute a strategic global PR strategy that amplifies our success and the success of our customers, and differentiates us in a rapidly evolving market.
- Act as an embedded reporter and storyteller, sourcing new and interesting stories from within Kinaxis and developing them to share with the world.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with journalists to earn media coverage that promotes our mission, strategy, capabilities and successes.
- Work collaboratively across the company, including marketing, sales, investor relations, analyst relations and executive leadership, to align and prioritize the most effective PR activity.
- Work with key internal spokespeople to deliver comprehensive and timely briefings; identify and lead media training for select spokespeople.
- Ensure orchestrated execution of PR activity for maximum impact across all audiences and channels.
- Ensure PR output is available for sales enablement and that value is communicated and celebrated internally.
- Measure and analyze results consistently. Develop, maintain and enhance PR analytics and provide high-level weekly and monthly reports.
- Manage PR agencies in North America, EMEA and APAC, as well as internal PR specialists.
- Manage PR vendors including distribution and monitoring services.
- Establish relationships and work closely with customers and partners on joint PR activity.
- Support development and maintenance of PR scorecard to track and measure program success.
- University or college degree in related field.
- 5-7 years progressive experience in B2B Public Relations, ideally within SaaS or supply chain environment.
- Professional media skills and established relationships with technology, business and/or supply chain journalists. Demonstrates diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work.
- Experience managing PR agencies and people.
- Experience working with senior executives at the C level.
- Advanced project management and process capability, with superb attention to detail and deadline management.
- Strategically minded, collaborative with demonstrable understanding of how the PR and communications function serves and supports the business.
- A journalistic ability to source stories, outstanding written and verbal communications skills, and ability to distill complex technology and business information into clear, concise and compelling messaging.
- Professionally skilled and savvy in social/digital communications.
- Ability to form relationships with and provide communications counsel to colleagues at all levels.
- Deep experience in media relations and issues management having played a role as a trusted advisor to senior leaders on high-profile reputational risks and opportunities.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with strong presentation skills.
- An effective leader who connects and empowers people; enables and supports colleagues; makes independent decisions and manages outcomes; and is committed to ongoing learning and development.
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never "done. That's because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they're passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously! It's in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others' differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company's blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at [email protected]. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.