Northern Strands Group of Companies is currently accepting applications for Summer Student Employment for the months of May to August 2024 in the following departments listed below. Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Sales & Rentals. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
- Marketing Administrator
- Contracts Administrator
- Human Resources Administrator
- Projects Administrator
- Projects Coordinator
- Business Coordinator
- Finance Administration
- Field Technician
- Recertification Technician
- Warehouse / Shipping & Receiving
- Ability to commence full-time (40 hours/week) work from the beginning of May until the end of August
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong time- management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Work well alone or in a team setting
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Suite is considered an asset
- Perform other duties as assigned
Note: Safety sensitive job positions must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test as a condition of employment; some positions will require work boots
Students/applicants must provide a resume and should clearly indicate the following information in their application selection:
- From the departments listed above, list ALL areas you would be interested in working in;
- Area of post-secondary study;
- Any previous related work and/or volunteer experience.
How to Apply:
Students interested in working for Northern Strands Group of Companies for the 2024 summer season must submit a resume and complete the online application process to be considered; deadline March 3rd, 2024.
All returning students must re-apply.
Job Type: Full-time