OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
WHO WE ARE:
OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM) technologies and business solutions allow organizations to take full advantage of enterprise information to gain better business insight, capitalize on opportunities to positively impact the business, improve process velocity, reduce risks related to information governance, and protect sensitive information and intellectual property from internal leaks and external threats. With growing volumes and a host of formats to manage and leverage, organizations need to bring structure to the unstructured. By doing so, they will be unleashing the power of information to drive faster decision making, improved agility, strong security policies, and an increased ability to both exploit the opportunities and control the risks of enterprise information.
Reporting to the VP, PMO and Office of the CIO, the Senior Director, IT PMO is the senior point of contact between PMO, IT delivery teams, and line-of-business leaders and is responsible to ensure on time, on budget and high-quality delivery of project investments. Within the scope of the role is management of over 20 project professionals, improving the project methodology (Project Navigator), aligning to various delivery styles across IT, managing the PPM tool, and effectively reporting to senior leadership. The IT PMO is centralized service across all of IT and provides project expertise to all projects implementations within the IT Program of Record. The IT PMO oversees 50 active projects at any given time. We are strong at mergers and acquisitions, and we have many large, complex integrations as well as transformative projects running simultaneously.
Directly reporting to the Senior Director, IT PMO are Portfolio Managers and their Project Managers and the Manager, Methodology and Governance. The role is accountable for implementing balanced governance that garners the best results while ensuring alignment with corporate and business strategy.
Keys to success in this role include strong leadership, problem solving, executive presence, budget and resource management, people interaction, collaboration, and an ability to instill trust across various stakeholders.
YOU ARE GREAT AT:
- Managing multiple priorities and setting clear expectations for your team
- Assessing portfolio activities and comparing to available resources and constraints
- Working closely with aligned business partners in the development and execution of defined strategies, facilitating the smooth adoption of new technology-based solutions
- Managing the project governance and methodology and evolving the PPM tool
- Communicating processes within IT and across the larger organizations
- Establishing strong relationships with senior management rooted in trusted delivery and high quality results
- Providing effective project communication and governance plans to Executives and business partners
- Working closely with IT financial analyst to provide oversight and detailed reporting on overall portfolio financials on a regular basis
- Control, monitor and report on a consolidated set of projects, programs, and associated changes for delivery across the portfolio
- Flagging and monitoring emerging issues and recommends necessary actions and works with Portfolio Managers to course correct
- Working with other PMOs across the organization to align on processes and delivery methodology
- Inspire and motivate direct and indirect Portfolio and Project Managers
- Attending industry conferences staying apprised of changing technology trends and potential future solutions to be considered within the various IT teams
- Work closely with other members of the PMO to create, revise and maintain PMO governance (Project Navigator) and structure by pro-actively aligning with best practices and trends
- Act as an ambassador for the IT PMO
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 15 + years of demonstrated success in managing IT projects across multiple systems, of varying degrees of complexity.
- 15 + years proven abilities related to project management with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced working environment.
- PMP, CPMG, ITIL, or other project management certifications an asset.
- 12 + years of experience in a professional IT setting.
- 5+ years of experience presenting to Executive leadership.
- 10+ years on managing and growing teams.
- Ability to manage and conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis on complex data.
- Experience working in a complex, matrix, fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently, as part of a team, and cross-functionally within the organization.
OpenText is an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. At OpenText we acknowledge, value and respect diversity. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad global customer base.
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at [email protected].