The Purchasing Director determines purchasing strategy, negotiates product pricing, marketing and agreements, as well as product development, in order to offer customers availability, variety and quality of products at the best possible price, in line with company objectives. He guides the development of the private label in the areas in which he operates, according to purchasing strategy and customer needs. He keeps himself informed of market conditions and organizes business reviews with suppliers.
The candidate has extensive expertise in purchasing food products from the Indian subcontinent (Indo-Pakistan) and Southeast Asia.
- Determines with executive management and implements purchasing, sourcing and development strategies for international and private brands.
- Negotiate product pricing, purchasing conditions, sourcing, marketing and preferential agreements to offer customers product availability, variety and quality at the best possible price.
- Keep abreast of market conditions, master data and share knowledge to optimize negotiations in all categories.
- Organize business reviews with suppliers.
- Analyze categories and identify opportunities. Keeps abreast of market and industry developments.
- Is responsible for replenishment and ensures proper allocation of purchases.
- Works with the procurement team to optimize merchandise purchases, inventory management and product deliveries.
- Ensures product velocity and shelf life in the warehouse.
- Co-lead and supervise private label development in collaboration with other purchasing managers.
- Research international products according to market needs.
- Collaborate with sales departments to support the needs of different customers.
- Participate in the evolution of purchasing processes to optimize business practices.
- Establish price forecasts and market trends to identify and anticipate variations.
- Monitor sales, margins and revenues in line with company objectives.
- Co-supervise and develop the Import Product Category Manager.
- Work in collaboration with the sales department.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, purchasing, procurement or other relevant field
- 5 to 7 years' relevant experience in purchasing and negotiations
- Knowledge of food distribution products and environment
- Knowledge of marketing strategies
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Office suite
- Experience with SAP software an asset
- Quality work/service orientation
- Good decision-making and priority management
- Team management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Dynamic and positive attitude
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility
- Good problem-solving skills
- Integrity, honesty and ethics
- Good adaptability
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$140,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakville, ON L6H 1A7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- purchasing: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Oakville, ON L6H 1A7