Manager, Digital Transformation & Technology Support
ISANS is seeking a Full-time Manager, Digital Transformation & Technology Support to apply their strategic thinking and future focus to realize the possibilities, opportunities, and options for ISANS’ remote service delivery and technology support systems.
In this role, which is part of ISANS’ Leadership team, the Manager will be responsible for supervising and managing the activities of ISANS’ Instructional Design, Information Technology, IT Online, Database, and Settlement Digital Navigator teams. The Manager will apply their in-depth experience and visionary approach to lead the visioning, development, and implementation of a digital transformation strategy and action plan, and its related technology support for both internal and external needs, including supporting staff in making the transition.
The Manager will also keep up to date on trends about the future of technology use in the sector, ISANS’ programs, client needs, and other forward-looking sector trends. By doing so, the Manager will support ISANS’ goal in ensuring the organization’s digital, online, and remote service offerings (both internal and external) are innovative and sustainable in the long term.
. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the staff and team activities for the teams and programs within the Digital Transformation & Technology Support team
- Develop and implement a vision and strategy for the digital transformation of ISANS’ internal and external technology and remote service delivery offerings, in particular the ISANS LMS and the ISANS Client Response Management/Database services
- Assess ISANS’ capabilities and technology support structures to identify ways to optimize the support for internal and external clients, service delivery, and for the digital transformation strategy as a whole
- Oversee the assessment of ISANS’ technology and staff skills in relation to digital transformation
- Support staff in the shift to a digital transformation environment by building collaboration, excitement, and buy-in
- Design and implement a technology learning and development plan and staff resources for achieving the digital transformation vision and strategy
· Implement and manage all service activities related to the team, leading a collaborative approach with other teams across the organization as needed
· Identify, develop, and implement new services to support ISANS’ digital transformation vision, including seeking funding to support the new initiatives
- Develop, implement, and/or revise project management systems for the functional reporting areas that optimize the use of staff time and streamline processes to support a significant shift to online and remote service delivery
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate processes, policies and procedures
While familiarity with IT and IT solutions is critical to the position, this is not a technical role but a management position.
- Define, deliver and support strategic plans for implementing database best practices that will support the digital transformation strategy
- Manage the team responsible for the continued development, implementation, and enhancement of ISANS’ database, NewOrg, including the balance between individual program support and overall organizational needs
- Manage the ongoing implementation and maintenance of NewOrg and any other databases or tools that provide ongoing analysis of operational activities. This includes ongoing development of interfaces between NewOrg and external databases (e.g. iCare)
- Oversee and enhance the integration of the database into client service delivery, including identifying and assessing improvements and overseeing staff’s work with program teams
- Oversee the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of processes, policies and procedures related to the database
- Monitor and enhance processes and project management systems for updating, adapting, and requesting change orders for the database and the database support requirements for program teams
- Develop annual plans for database enhancements and upgrades, including application of criteria for approving and prioritizing change requests
- Ensure data accessibility and quality and consistency of ISANS’ data, conducting audits as required
- Manage the team responsible for creation, development, design and evaluation of the delivery of online learning materials and courses as well as training materials
- Define, deliver and support strategic plans for implementing instructional design best practices that will support the digital transformation strategy
- Develop and implement a vision and strategy for meeting ISANS’ online service delivery needs within operational and team capacity constraints, including options for reducing those constraints
- Provide leadership to ensure effective translation of instructional design plans into materials
- Manage and schedule the design and production of online learning courses in a manner that supports ISANS’ digital transformation strategy
- Oversee the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of processes, policies and procedures related to Instructional Design
- Manage the design, development and delivery of consistent usage training materials for staff
- Recommend effective and creative uses of technology to enhance current learning environments, including software and learning management tools
- Identify technological functions and requirements for online programs
IT and IT Online:
- Define, deliver and support strategic plans for implementing information and online technology best practices that will support the digital transformation strategy
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a long-term and future-focused organizational information technology plan
- Oversee the management of information technology, applications and computer systems to meet the needs of programs and services at ISANS
- Oversee investment in and operation of technology including computers, servers, networks, applications, data services, audio visual equipment
- Project-manage IT specific projects and play a lead role in collaborating with other ISANS teams on organizational projects
- Oversee the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of processes, policies and procedures related to IT/IT Online
- Monitor emerging technologies and advise of use cases and application where they will enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify technological functions and requirements for the organization and have responsibility for the investment in and security/management of the required technology
- Manage and support the Supervisor, IT and IT Online in their oversight of the technical elements and requirements of ISANS’ IT/IT Online systems
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- Bachelors Degree and/or professional qualification applicable to the position (e.g. Business, Adult Education, Computer Science, Project Management, etc.).
- 5-7 years of progressive work experience with supervisory experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment required
- Project management experience, including cross-team or organization-wide projects
- Experience in a multi-service, client focused environment, ideally in the non-profit sector serving immigrants
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of online technologies
- Understanding of the not-for-profit sector and service delivery organizations
- Working knowledge of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, anti-oppression, trauma-informed practices, empowerment approach, and adult-education principles
- Skilled in building and maintaining partnerships and collaborations internally and with community partners
- Strong skills in evaluation and/or results/impact reporting with inclusive and holistic programs, projects and initiatives
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including facilitation and presentation abilities
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team for continuous improvement
- Sound professional judgment and problem-solving skills in complex situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt leadership style accordingly
Proficient with MS Office applications
ISANS Core Competencies
Cultural Competency; Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Embracing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Working collaboratively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Continually seeking new knowledge and skills, as well as developing existing capabilities
- Introducing new ways of looking at problems and developing useful ideas that are new, better, or unique
- Holding self and others responsible and accountable to being transparent and principled in our approach and to meeting commitments
- Actively encouraging an environment of fairness, honesty and integrity for all
Terms of Employment:
- Indefinite- term contract
- Full-time 35 hours per week
- Hybrid workplace (from home and from the office)
Commencement Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Tuesday July 18, 2023 – 4 p.m.
To apply: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter merged into one document stating the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
ISANS is dedicated to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility. We are seeking talented individuals to join our team and welcome applications from all diverse groups. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter and request any accommodation required to support them during the recruitment process.
Only those eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,283.47-$70,074.18 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Halifax, NS B3L 4P1
Application deadline: 2023-07-18