Job Posting #: 204401
Position Available: Project Manager
Status: Temporary Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Department: Information Technology
Internal employees must apply by midnight on October 10, 2023.
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. JBH is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for eight (8) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-the-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 295 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team (OHT).
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
- Lead and manage the end-to-end project lifecycle, from initiation to closure.
- Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans, including timelines, budgets, resource allocation, and risk management strategies.
- Coordinate and communicate project requirements and goals effectively with all stakeholders involved.
- Identify and resolve potential project roadblocks and risks, ensuring timely and effective solutions.
- Track project progress, regularly report on key milestones, and adjust plans as necessary.
- Foster strong relationships with clients, understanding their needs, and ensuring their satisfaction throughout the project.
- Conduct regular team meetings, providing guidance, support, and motivation to project team members.
- Collaborate closely with the development team, designers, and quality assurance specialists to ensure seamless project execution.
- Ensure adherence to project management methodologies and best practices.
- Standardized processes, procedures and reporting will be required to be adhered to
- Patient Safety will be specifically considered as the incumbent performs the duties, functions or services of their job
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience as a Project Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients.
- Solid problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- PMP or other relevant project management certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and patient safety, considers safety of self and co-workers.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects - setting priorities, evaluating and managing risks and monitoring performance, preferably with a health technology focus
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate the activities of several team members to accomplish deliverables and meet project deadlines
- Experience in Managing stakeholders to ensure that there is agreement to scope, approach, deliverables and budget to achieve overall success of the projects
- Experience in healthcare or hospitals is a plus
PLEASE NOTE: Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #204401. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital prioritizes the health and wellbeing of our patients, employees, credentialed staff, volunteers and learners. As a condition of employment, all successful candidates are required to provide proof of two COVID-19 vaccines authorized by Health Canada within 24-48 hours of receiving an offer of employment, or proof of a documented exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe and respectful place for everyone to visit, work and receive care. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at [email protected]
or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.