Are you looking to make the next step in your career or further develop your skills for progressive HR roles in the future? The Treasury Board Secretariat, HR Service Delivery Division, is looking for highly organized, results-oriented professionals with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service!
This exciting and challenging role within our HR Advisory Services team will involve playing an integral part in supporting a team that provides guidance and recommendations to help clients make informed decisions, promote positive labour relations, support organizational transformation and improve employee performance.
The HR Service Delivery Division is responsible for delivering front-line human resource services that support and enable the achievement of government priorities and business results. The division also provides corporate leadership to all ministries in the OPS in the delivery of integrated, consistent and customer focused HR services.
PLEASE NOTE: This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies in multiple locations
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy
and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint
pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code
. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- Provide proactive HR service, advice and assistance to client ministries' line managers and employees on a variety of HR issues
- Provide position administration and related support for various WIN and job description repository (JDR) activities
- Research and advise client ministries' line managers and employees on salary administration and compensation issues
- Assist in management of client ministries' grievances by maintaining grievance files, reviewing documents, resolving issues, and monitoring timelines
- Support recruitment activities
- Prepare employee corporate files for employee file reviews
- You have organizational and time management skills to manage high workload volumes in a fast paced virtual team environment.
- You are able to coordinate and prioritize workload to complete work within service standard timelines.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills to provide proactive support to colleagues, clients and team members and the ability to explain/interpret complex legislation and policies
- You have knowledge of theories, principles and practices of human resources management, applicable collective agreements and related legislation.
- You have knowledge of the generalist areas of human resources management such as recruitment, position administration, labour relations, salary/benefits, etc.
- You have the ability to work directly with clients and develop trusted relationships to provide excellent service by anticipating and identifying their needs.
- You have effective oral and written communication skills to respond to inquiries, prepare reports and present information to clients.
- You are able to work effectively in a fast-paced virtual team environment.
- You are able to identify, investigate, assess, and respond to sensitive and confidential human resources issues.
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills to research and apply policies, procedures and guidelines and to review and interpret data.
- You have knowledge of information technology and software such as Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook) to prepare reports and spreadsheets as well as develop, manipulate and maintain databases.
- You are able to use human resource information systems (e.g. WIN).