From highly qualified faculty to small class sizes to a number of courses in different niches, Orane is allowing aspirants to surpass their career goals in a supportive and success-oriented environment. Experience the freedom to pursue your passion through our exclusive courses and achieve excellence in multiple skills.
We are growing in Burnaby, BC and are looking for a Hairstylist Instructor to join our creative team. This position is available in both full-time and part-time commitments in Burnaby, BC.
How you can create an impact as a Hairstylist Instructor:
- Planning & Preparing the course curriculum & lesson plans
- Execute and deliver theoretical and practical knowledge of the art of hairstyling to students.
- Supervise & Evaluate student's participation in classroom, practical & clinic floor on a regular basis.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest techniques and trends and ensure that college carries all the necessary products.
- Ensuring adherence to course budget.
- Maintain student records and dockets.
- Assist student(s) cope up with any shortfalls or gaps occurring in their theoretical and practical knowledge.
The skills you bring:
- 3-5 years of work experience as a hairstylist with a hair certificate. 10+ years of experience without a hair certificate.
- Complete knowledge of hair cosmetology techniques & technologies.
- Good Communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a team environment.
- Ability to educate through clear communication and demonstration skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Orane organizes frequent workshops with global experts from CIDESCO and CIBTAC to ensure that our quality benchmarks are always at par, if not better than the best internationally for all aspects of service delivery.
We an equal opportunity employer. At Orane, we celebrate the beauty in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, students and clients.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: From $28.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- How soon are you able to start?
Work Location: In person