BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
We are currently seeking a Talent & Organizational Development Specialist for our Cambridge, ON location.
Reporting directly to the corporate Senior Manager, Talent Management, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Director, Human Resources, Commercial Operations, the Talent & Organizational Development Specialist will drive strategies that create a high-performing, sustainable organization that meets the current and future strategic and operational needs of BWXT Canada while aligning to the greater BWXT organization. This leader will collaborate across all Canadian sites and with Business Leaders to ensure the successful execution of the talent development strategy, platforms and programs.
- Plan, direct and administer various talent management programs.
- Deliver and facilitate key company training programs.
- Provide advice and counsel to business leaders to ensure strategic alignment across Canada.
- Responsible for succession planning including, identifying talent gaps and ensuring development of employees to close these gaps. Works closely with recruiters and managers on strategically filling job openings.
- Align goal setting, ongoing feedback and performance management tracking, integrating them as a system versus delivering them as point products. Includes facilitating calibration sessions to aid in performance feedback process.
- Provide coaching and support resources to leaders that align to their development needs and business strategy.
- Develop and execute state of the art solutions and programs designed to continually enhance the knowledge and capability of the workforce at all levels of the organization.
- On-going evaluation of talent management programs through a continuous improvement lens.
- Partner with and support corporate talent initiatives such as leadership development.
- Resource to the USW Joint Training and Development Committee.
- Oversees training budgets and reimbursements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field coupled with a minimum of 8 years’ related experience.
- Must have demonstrable skills and knowledge in instructional design and facilitation.
- Must be able to travel at least 10-20% of the time. Majority of travel is Ontario based.
- Must be comfortable working in a unionized environment.
- An ability to understand business strategy and translate into a talent management strategy.
- An ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language is required.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities is required.
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills – demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and be influential with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
WHY JOIN BWXT?
- Work within the growing and exciting nuclear industry as well as with highly skilled employees!
- Competitive salaries
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Bonus plan
- Competitive Health and Dental benefits
- Educational Refund Program
- Life insurance… and so much more!
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
BWXT Canada is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.