At SaltWire, we’re in the business of fostering connections.
Our network of locally based newsrooms, client specialists and support teams work every day to connect you and your community with content that matters to you. News, culture, weather, opinions: you name it, we’re talking about it.
Our newsrooms deliver breaking-news coverage and in-depth features, alongside stories about the people who shape the communities we live in. There’s no story too big or too small, when you love local like we do.
We are proud of the stories we tell, and excited about the ones we haven’t yet discovered. We can’t wait for you to help us tell them, as you share them with the people you know.
We are currently looking for a Sales Consultant to join our team. The Consultant will be accountable for generating new client relationships to drive profitable growth for the company, representing our full suite of media products and services, as well as introducing prospective clients to our new media and new data analytics platform. The focus of the role is to meet or exceed revenue targets, developing relationships into new customers and verticals, work with our Client Solutions Consultants on media planning and proposals for seamless execution of multi-channel campaigns in cooperation with appropriate product specialists.
- Prospecting and developing new accounts, including cold calling news;
- Planning and executing media campaigns for new direct account clients;
- Leading business development efforts for our new data analytics service;
- Meeting assigned expectations for profitability and productivity according to daily deadlines;
- Keeping current with all research information related to readership of print and digital media products;
- Achieving and exceeding revenue quotas through the sale of SaltWire services and solutions across all platforms;
- Managing data for new and prospective clients in the CRM, ensuring all client communications are logged, information is accurate, and documents are attached.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field;
- 5+ years in Sales, Business Development, Account Management or media experience;
- Demonstrated success in driving new business growth;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Dynamic, motivating and team-oriented with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines; proactive mentality with curiosity and desire to learn and grow.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume quoting posting #30-23.
We look forward to meeting you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$160,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sydney, NS B1P 1J7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales, business development, account management or media: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Sydney, NS B1P 1J7