Job Opportunity: Full-Time, Seasonal, Marketing, Social Media & Events Specialist
Title: Marketing, Social Media & Events Specialist
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Are you a snow enthusiast who lives and breathes skiing or snowboarding? Are you a creative spirit with a passion for marketing and events? Mt Seymour Ski Area is seeking a dynamic and driven full-time Marketing, Social Media & Events Specialist to join our team, bringing your love for the mountains and your marketing flair to create unforgettable experiences.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We are excited to welcome a motivated and enthusiastic Full-Time Marketing, Social Media & Events Specialist to join our team from October 10 to April 26. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will play a pivotal role in curating the excitement and energy that defines Mt Seymour ‘wow experience’. This role is ideal for someone who's ready to launch their career fresh out of university or has a couple of years’ marketing experience, and is keen to make their mark in the ski industry.
- Channel your creativity into crafting captivating social media content that captures the essence of the mountain, resonates with our community, and inspires future adventures.
- Bring your organizational prowess to life by assisting in the planning, coordination, and execution of engaging events that connect enthusiasts, foster a sense of community, and create lasting memories.
- Work your magic on our website, ensuring it's always updated with the latest information, engaging visuals, and compelling stories that entice visitors to explore the mountain.
- Put your writing skills to the test by crafting newsletters that keep our community informed, entertained, and eager to experience the magic of Mt Seymour.
WHY MT SEYMOUR
Immerse yourself in the exhilarating world of skiing and snowboarding while honing your marketing and event planning skills.
Embrace a full-time position, dedicating your passion to shaping the mountain's story and enhancing the visitor experience.
Connect with a community of like-minded adventurers and industry professionals, setting the stage for future opportunities.
Elevate your skills in event coordination, content creation, website management, and community engagement.
Be part of the team that brings Mt Seymour to life, creating moments that inspire, connect, and thrill.
- Degree or diploma in marketing, or equivalent two to three years’ experience
- MUST BE Intermediate to Advanced level Skier or Snowboarder
- Avid skier or snowboarder who understands the thrill of the slopes and can authentically connect with existing and future snow lovers
- Passion for marketing with a desire to dive headfirst into creating engaging content
- Proficient in all major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok) with an innate ability to create content that resonates with multiple audiences and sparks conversations
- Detail-oriented and organized, capable of assisting in event planning and execution to ensure every detail is meticulously covered
- Basic understanding of website content management systems, ready to update and maintain a digital space that reflects the mountain's allure
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and thrives in a dynamic environment. Owns reliable transportation for flexible weekend and evening commitments
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Seasonal position, October 10, through to April 26
- Wage range $22 - $25 per hour, based upon experience
- Complimentary season pass and shuttle bus pass
- Range of industry discounts and perks
Application deadline: [September 22, 2023]
Job Types: Seasonal, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC V7G 1L3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
- Skiing or snowboarding: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person