Kensington, PEI ~ Dartmouth, NS
+1-902-431-9285 ~ www.dascoei.ca ~ [email protected]
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Technology Specialist will provide primary assistance, sales support and training for DASCO customers in Canada. This roll will provide secondary support for other DASCO partners in territories and regions as needed. This is a full-time position that will be based out of Kensington, PE (preferred) or Dartmouth, NS.
B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or Marine Geomatics preferred or related work experience.
Extensive marine survey and instrument experience in hydrographic survey, land survey and marine construction operations.
Experience working with Trimble GNSS systems & multibeam echosounders preferred.
Experience in instrument troubleshooting, repair and cable manufacturing preferred.
Exhibits communication skills necessary to sell premium technology products.
Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative.
Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
Day-to-day travel in eastern Canada required; and some overnight trips throughout Canada required. Occasional international travel as required.
- Assist and perform installation of dredging machine control systems including, but not limited to GCS9000, Trimble TMC,HYPACK/DredgePack/HYSWEEP, Teledyne Marine marine instruments and other instruments as needed.
- Train and support customers in the use of dredge control, site positioning, hydrographic survey and software systems with the intent to get customer self-sufficient in these areas.
- Receive first call from customers in designated region and see that timely service is provided; utilize other Service and Support
Specialist if needed to best meet the needs of the customer if required.
- Support Technology Sales Representatives and customers to ensure proper technology solutions are selected, sold, trained on and utilized properly to achieved targeted benefits.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationship and ensure customers are getting the maximum ROI through support, training and after sales follow up.
- Support marine survey and construction, and other specialty professional services for customers; these services will need to be scheduled and prepared for by DASCO to provide the best results.
- Maintain responsibility for vehicle, demo inventory, computer, and/or any other company assets entrusted to you to perform your job duties.
- Escalate any unresolved issues in an effective and time efficient manner to the proper associates.
- Research common problems identified with marine survey systems and determine required corrective outcomes as and when required.
- Work directly with DASCO staff along with supporting OEMs on matters of sales, support and other field activities.
- Maintain responsibility for all company assets issued to you. This includes but not limited to, demo equipment, field service equipment, vehicles, computers, and paperwork.
- Consistently follow all job and office related policies and procedures.
Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in
Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
~ +1-902-566-9285 ~ www.dascoei.ca ~ [email protected] ~
Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and co-workers.
Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
Maintain company and product confidentiality.
Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
All other duties as assigned.
All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present.
Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver's license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
Able to lift up to 50-80 pounds occasionally.
About The Company
DASCO Equipment Inc, for over 30 years, continues to be the leading Canadian supplier of the latest advancements in subsea instruments, integrated ocean technology solutions and technical services to Canadian government agencies, private industry, and academia.
Location – Kensington, PE preferred / Dartmouth, NS
Annual Salary - $50,000 / year base salary + 25% of billable daily field rate, all paid bi-weekly.
3 weeks allocated vacation
Option to join company health and dental plan.
Start date - negotiable.
Applicant Blaine Carr, President
~ +1-902-566-9285 ~ www.dascoei.ca ~ [email protected] ~
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kensington, PE C0B 0A3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- IT support: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person