Incorporated in 1955, Ocean Steel has grown to become one of the largest steel fabricators in Eastern Canada and one of the most respected steel suppliers on the Eastern Seaboard. It services several markets, including all of Canada, the Eastern United States, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Ocean designs, fabricates and erects structural steel for buildings and bridges. It also manufactures and installs platework, such as breechings, stacks, ducts, penstocks, process & storage tanks and custom process-equipment. Ocean Steel has two, modern New Brunswick-based plants in Saint John and in Fredericton. We currently have sales offices in Saint John, New Brunswick, Brampton, Ontario, and Burlington, Massachusetts.
This position is responsible for working directly with both external and internal stakeholders to ensure that all projects are completed safely within budget and defined scope. The Project Manager must be an effective communicator with the leadership skills necessary to motivate professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results on every project. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, with the ability to proactively plan and multitask. This is a position that requires a solid understanding of operations combined with the desire to develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally .
- Full cycle project management including planning, scheduling and material requisition
- Coordination of clients and sub-contractors, detailing, fabrication, shipping, erection and closeout procedures
- Budget analysis, issuing subcontracts, scope reviews and requisitions
- Effective change management within each assigned project and within the department
- Ongoing communication to both internal and external clients to complete projects on time and on budget
- Additional duties as require d
- Post-secondary education with an engineering or technical background would be considered an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience reading drawings would be considered a strong asset
- Driven to achieve results that meet and maintain safety, quality, and accuracy
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills are required
- Desire to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and customer-focused environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with individuals of various disciplines
- A team player with the desire to work collaboratively with others to improve existing processes
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, Ocean Steel offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP, and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming, and team celebratory events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.