Our Aviva Business Programs unit is currently seeking top talent to join our Realty Delegated Authorities team in our Vancouver office. If you are looking to develop, grow and build your portfolio underwriting knowledge, this may be the change you are seeking. We are in search of an experienced and engaged Commercial Lines P&C Underwriter who wants to be part of a winning team and grow professionally. The suitable candidate will have commercial Property and Casualty experience, ideally with experience in realty practice. In this role, you will review program coverage terms and conditions, establish premiums, and prepare concise referrals, including recommended actions. You will also participate in negotiations with brokers on coverage terms and conditions, pricing, and other midterm requests. Building partnerships and promoting the value of Aviva is a key responsibility, as is staying up to date with market trends and broker management initiatives. Additionally, you will be required to conduct self-reviews and broker audits.
What you will do
- Review program and account submissions, assessing them against our current guidelines and pricing strategy.
- Responsible for negotiating terms and pricing with our Broker partners to ensure sustainable, profitable business.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with our Broker partners, promoting Aviva products and prioritizing service levels.
- Actively seek opportunities for growth, including new business and renewals, and manage mid-term requests and changes for medium to complex accounts or programs.
- Underwriting claims and liaising with claims and risk services personnel as needed.
- Review broker placements on a monthly basis to confirm broker authority adherence.
- Participate in sector self-reviews, ad-hoc portfolio reviews and Broker audits following our Corporate Commercial Insurance governance process as required.
- Represent Aviva at industry or broker events
- Provide feedback and support to the Segment Leader as required.
What you will bring
- Minimum 5+ years of Commercial lines property and casualty underwriting experience, with considerable exposure to the realty segment.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to adapt to portfolio underwriting.
- Effective use of time management and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and overall communication style and approach, including familiarity with software for risk analysis, preparation of presentations, reports and exhibits like MS Office Suite products
- Good negotiation skills including an aptitude for face-to-face communication with brokers.
- CIP designation or enrollment is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree is a strong asset.
What you’ll get
- Compelling rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
- Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
- We’ll support your professional development education.
- Competitive vacation package with the option to purchase 5 extra days off per year
- Employee driven programs passionate about gender, LGBTQ+, origins, diversity and inclusion
- Corporate wellness programs to support our employees’ physical and mental health
- Hybrid flexible work model
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6Z 2K8