Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the Information Systems Technician is responsible for various IT projects for the CCCB. The incumbent also assists in conducting needs analysis with a view to the design, installation, implementation, and customization of software/infrastructure. He or she will act as webmaster for the CCCB’s internal and external sites, as well as first-line technical support for computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and software. In the absence of the Director, he or she must devise temporary or permanent solutions for network, hardware and software failures to the best of his or her abilities to minimize downtime for CCCB members and employees.
- Assists in administering, maintaining and troubleshooting the use of networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director.
- Installs computer hardware and software.
- Assists in ensuring that the systems are always fully operational in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director.
- Assists in managing access and use of computer networks in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director.
- Co-ordinates and provides training for users on the use of new tools and programs.
- Provides problem-solving services to users.
- Assists in implementing hardware and software security procedures.
- Assists in performing backup and disaster recovery operations in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director.
- Maintain inventory of hardware, software and other equipment.
- Assists in drafting policies and procedures for network access and usage as per the Director’s instructions.
- In the absence of the Director, he or she must devise temporary or permanent solutions for network, hardware and software failures to the best of his or her abilities to minimize downtime for CCCB members and employees.
- Designs, develop and maintain CCCB’s web sites (internal/external).
- Evaluates and recommends hardware and software requirements for the internal/externals web sites.
- Designs, programs and performs regular updating of the CCCB sites.
- Follows best practices to improve accessibility, navigation and ease of use
- Acts as a resource person for all questions regarding the internal/external web sites.
- Performs other tasks related to the service and maintenance of the CCCB networks and sites.
First-line technical support to computer users
- Communicates electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced and provide a resolution.
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions.
- Provides advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties.
- Participates in the redesign of applications and other software.
A post-secondary degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and related experience; previous technical support and web design are essential.
- 3+ year experience in web design.
- 3+ year experience in technical support.
- Ability to communicate in French and in English, oral and written.
- Experience with computing products: operating systems, word processors, spreadsheet and database packages, and capability to learn new software quickly.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products; Windows 10 & 11, Windows Server 2019, Exchange 2019, SQL Server 2019 and Microsoft Office 2019
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere and vCenter
- Knowledge of Relational Databases.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Knowledge of the Content Management System “WordPress”.
- Knowledge of FileMaker Pro
- Skills in problem solving analysis and ability to work independently.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in customer relations and teamwork.
- Ability to be proactive and keep up to date on changes in IT which may assist the
CCCB to achieve its mission.
- Ability to work with high level confidential information.
This full-time permanent position has a salary range of $54,601 to $64,848, with excellent working conditions including a generous pension plan, a group benefit plan and free parking. The work schedule is 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Each employee has a personal office on location and proper disinfecting measures throughout the building is in place.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and a resume.
Application deadline: The position will remain posted until a candidate is selected.
The selected candidate will be subject to a background security check.
In accordance with Section 24(1) of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the CCCB has the right to give preference to Catholic candidates with respect to employment.
In accordance with the Ontario’s Accessible Employment Standard, the CCCB welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $54,601.00-$64,848.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- support: 3 years (preferred)
- French and English (preferred)
Work Location: In person