Considering a career change? Ready to trade your retail job for a desk job but not sure where to go? Have you thought about a career as a customs broker? No need to spend thousands on tuition when you can earn while you learn.
Founded in 1954, Pacific Customs Brokers has been providing premium brokerage services for over 65 years and has become one of the leading privately-owned brokerage houses in Western Canada.
What do we do? In short, we're experts on international trade, and our core services involve processing our clients' paperwork and declaring their imports to the Canadian government.
We routinely hire staff with no customs or administrative experience and fully train them to be Customs Administrative Assistants. With further experience, training and education (fully paid by the company), those staff can one day become licensed Customs Brokers.
We are looking for:
- Must possess a vehicle as our office is not transit accessible (we are near the intersection of 176th Street and 1 Ave in South Surrey)
- We operate 24/7, so must be available seven days a week for morning, afternoon, evening and occasional overnight shifts. Schedules are assigned, but are set for 3-4 months so you will always know what you're working
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Administrative experience (i.e. filing, scanning, data entry) is beneficial but not required
- Ability to complete physical tasks such as sitting, bending, and crouching
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English at a professional level
- Must be in Canada and have the right to work at the time of application. Applications from outside Canada will not be considered. PNP/Express Entry will not be considered. Foreign placement agencies need not contact. No exceptions will be made.
- Starting wage of $20.80/hr + shift premiums
- Full-time employment (37.5 hours/week)
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for employees and their families after three months
- Bonus plan
- A Pension Plan
- Education Support
- Free Fitness Centre and instructor
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Discounted meals at our onsite restaurant
- Free parking
- and more!
Submit your resume and cover letter via Indeed or directly on our website.
Principals only. No staffing agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.80-$22.30 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a car? Our office is not transit accessible.
- Are you available for ALL of the following shifts: days, afternoons, evenings, overnights, weekends.
Work Location: In person