Welcome to one of the fastest growing outdoor store, tours, and rentals establishment.
Our rental service proudly operates out of Surrey and serves the Greater Vancouver Area. Our unique business model allows us to be a mobile service, which means our patrons get to experience many of the outdoor wonders in multiple locations with delivery, pick up, and personalized itinerary. Our mission is to enable locals and tourists to expand their experience of BC, get active, and lead a healthier lifestyle.
This position will be located within various locations in the Greater Vancouver Area, and primarily in person in our Surrey office/warehouse.
The E-commerce & Admin Assistant will have a passion for excellence in research, time management, and a background in office admin duties, independent work, and meeting deadlines. Knowledge of ecommerce programs, management, and marketing is a must. Due to the paperless nature of AO, strong computer skills are a must and ample training will be provided with all programs used. They will be expected to function well within an independent and group environment to carry out everyday functions of the business with minimal to no supervision.
- Accommodation: Your sporting equipment and office equipment will be provided in full ✔
- Dress Code: Casual clothing + shirt uniform
- Convenience: Opportunities to enjoy water and outdoor activities when available as well as access to many outdoor activities including hiking trails during leisure time ✔
- Culture: COMPLETE open door policy and family-like dynamic within our team where your feedback is heard and acted on + company socials/ outings ✔
- Benefits: Company tech
- Employee Discount Privilege: 50% discount on daily rentals, and at cost discount on store for friends and family ✔
- Opportunities: Strong chances of career and personal growth within a start up environment ✔
- Mentorship will be provided by a team of dedicated digital professionals to accelerate your learning ✔
- Weekly Team Lunch ✔
REPORTS TO: CEO & CAO
The applicant must be:
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, has work permit, or person whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team or independently with minimum to no supervision.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving capabilities, demonstrating sound judgement.
- Trustworthy with sensitive or confidential company property (intellectual and physical).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional demeanor with strong active listening skills
- Public speaking skills
- Customer service driven communication
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with keen attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Workspace & Dropbox preferred
- Quick and efficient learner
- Good with computers and common programs (i.e. Google suite, Adobe, and Analytics)
- Data management and analysis, with weekly/biweekly reporting of market trends
- Knowledge of ecommerce management, including posting, editing, processing pictures, and cross referencing of competition pricing
- Gathering of information from several sources to accurately depict our products online with the highest quality
- Knowledge of E-commerce technology a strong asset
- Quick and efficient learner
- Good with computers and common programs
Digital Marketing/Social Media Management:
- Able to create new and engaging content
- Effectively manage the company's social media presence across various platforms
- Strong creative skills and able to creating engaging content for our target audience
- Able to use analytics tools to monitor and measure performance
- Able to respond to comments and messages in a timely manner and engage with social media followers
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with clients
- Interact with clients on behalf of the company online and in person
- Send quotes and close sales efficiently
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ year of administrative/ office work, research, and computer CRMs an asset
- Knowledge of common computer programs a strong asset
- Some outdoor activities-related experience or knowledge an asset
- Previous education/ training in business, information systems, and project management an asset
- SEO analysis and reporting
- Google analytics and social media analytics reporting a strong asset
- Blog content, email marketing campaigns, an writing an asset
- Strong research skills
- Strong computer skills. Being the only outdoor paperless company in BC, we proudly function through computers only with state of the art technology and programs
- Experience working with Wordpress and Elementor an asset
DAILY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Manage all ecommerce related postings, editing, image processing, and conducting competitive analysis and trends
- Send professional emails and communicate with customers using main company email account
- Research on grants, sponsorship opportunities, and funding sources
- Bookkeeping duties as required
- Working together with marketing specialist, tech, and management to devise effective marketing campaigns
- Managing company brand image
- Various other admin duties as required
- Potential to come in to office for equipment cleaning when operations are backed up and help is needed
- Assist customers, identify goods quickly using several techniques, and provide clear answers to queries from multiple sources
- Working on managing customer and program accounts
- Reach out to marketplace sellers and promote our trade-in service to sell our retail items
- Full time, 6 months contract
- Potential for Bonus and perks when revenue is above target
$22.50 per hour
Difficulty: Entry Level
*** If you believe you will be an outstanding applicant, but don't have the necessary certifications and training, the courses and supplies can be provided for you with a deferred payment option.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- SURREY, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Due to consumer behaviour, tight deadlines are expected to be met. How are you with meeting tight and unpredictable deadlines?
- Given the requirements of the Pathways subsidy program, have you landed in Canada within the last 5 years? If so, what year?
- Please be advised that only newcomers (immigrated to Canada within the past 5 years) will be considered for this position given the nature of the subsidy grant program. Your application will not be considered otherwise. Also please keep in mind that work permit or student visas DOES NOT qualify for the grant program, you will need to be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with refugee protection status.
- Do you meet the following requirements?
1) A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment (work permit and student visas DO NOT qualify)
2) Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations (work permit and student visas DOES NOT qualify)
- diverse marketing: 1 year (required)
- E-commerce management: 1 year (required)
- Data analytics: 1 year (required)
- Administrative: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Google AdWords Certification (preferred)
- Google Analytics Certification (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in SURREY, BC
Expected start date: 2023-09-30