WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve.
What we have to offer:
What you’ll do:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Various Learning and Development initiatives, and opportunities to grow within our team!
- Opportunity to participate in company events and activities and enjoy our company perks!
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Participate in the creation of WCG tv content through studio and mobile production.
- Assist with the set-up and capturing of content for multi-camera productions.
- Set-up and operate camcorder for public events requiring single-camera production.
- Manage the production of basic evening and weekend studio productions.
- Perform general video editing of content.
- Assist in the scheduling of programs on WCG tv and creating metadata for VOD content.
- Ensure all equipment is returned, checked in, and stored appropriately.
- Assist with on-site training of volunteers.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
- Grade 12 education with some technical video production experience or education.
- A familiarity with television production equipment and basic television production techniques.
- A familiarity with computers and non-linear editing as well as character generators.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available for day, evening, and weekend work.
This position is open until filled.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive and barrier free environment at Westman Communications Group and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any point during recruitment process or would like to request this posting in an alternate format, please indicate by emailing [email protected]
of the accommodation requirements. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.